[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 05-17-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Tue May 17 16:04:08 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 05-17-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Ron Blake - More Today Than Yesterday - Lest We Forget (Mack Avenue) 6:58
Charles Earland - This Is The Day (The Lord Has Made) - Blowing The Blues Away (HighNote) 7:08
Bob Mintzer Big Band w/ Kurt Elling - My Foolish Heart - Live At MCG With Special Guest Kurt Elling (MCG) 6:41

  BREAK

Part 2

Wynton Marsalis - Green Chimneys - Live At The House Of Tribes (Blue Note) 15:49
Wynton Marsalis - Just Friends - Live At The House Of Tribes (Blue Note) 17:46
Terrence Brewer - I Could Write A Book - Setting The Standard (Strong Brew Music) [C] 4:51
Pat Metheny w/ Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez - When We Were Free - Day Trip (Nonesuch) 9:00

  BREAK

Part 3

Brian Blade & The Fellowship Band - Return Of The Prodigal Son - Season Of Changes (Verve) 8:52
Terell Stafford - Johnny Come Lately - This Side Of Strayhorn (MaxJazz) [C] 6:31
Colin Vallon Trio - Home - Rruga (ECM) [C][a] 4:08
Benny Green - Park Avenue Petite - Source (JLP) [C] 6:32
Gretchen Parlato - Better Than - The Lost And Found (ObliqSound) [C] 6:14
The Phil Ranelin Jazz Ensemble w/ Big Black & Henry Franklin - Perseverance - Perseverance (Wide Hive) [C][a] 9:58
Rebirth Brass Band - Shrimp And Gumbo - Rebirth Of New Orleans (Basin Street) [C] 2:36
Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis ftr. Norah Jones - Hallelujah I Love Her So - Here We Go Again: Celebrating The Genius Of Ray Charles (Blue Note) [C][a] 4:56
Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis ftr. Norah Jones - Come Rain Or Come Shine - Here We Go Again: Celebrating The Genius Of Ray Charles (Blue Note) [C][a] 3:52
Ray Charles + Count Basie Orchestra - Let The Good Times Roll - Ray Sings Basie Swings (Concord/Hear Music) 2:57

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56