[JPL] contemporary Jazz group

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:56:12 EDT 2011

If you want to keep it affordable, it's good to work with artists who are
already touring and preferably have dates in the general area when you're
planning to present them; you might want to look at Pollstar (
http://www.pollstar.com/) which lists a lot of touring artists and where
they're going to be on particular dates.  For example, here are Pat
Metheny's dates through November:
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=26015&SortBy=Date&SearchBy=metheny

N.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Jazz Appreciation Society of Savannah
(JASS) <JASSav at comcast.net> wrote:

> Greetings from Beautiful Savannah, GA.
>
> Possibly an odd request, but I am looking for a kick-ass contemporary jazz
> group to headline a festival.  In the past we have had the Yellowjackets and
> Spyro-Gyra.  Must have global name recognition and hopefully appeal to a
> broad spectrum of jazz fans.
>
> PS:  We can't afford Chick or Herbie.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> Larry Dane-Kellogg