[JPL] about the "library digitization" post

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Mon May 23 16:15:56 EDT 2011

Thanks for posting this review.

As I continue the arduous task of digitizing  our entire library, as well as being a participant in establishing a national digitized library for station sharing I am always on the lookout for improved programs and or methods. I shared this with our Chief Engineer Mike Pappas who is nationally known as one of the top notch engineers having worked with NPR national broadcasts and establishing our reputation as one of the finest sounding HD stations in the country-regardless of non-com,  com or format.  Here's his reply.

This review is 100% wrong.  Using any  compressed file format is a recipe for future incompatible files.   Mike Pappas

Arturo Gómez
Music Director
The Oasis In The City, The Front Range and the High Country!
jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station