[JPL] 162nd Edition of "Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 23 17:10:59 EDT 2011

We¹re moving along to our 162nd program and having a lot of fun doing it. It
is my intention to bring Sinatra lovers to the jazz table so they can hear
some of the great icons, and the wonderful artists of today. Here is my
latest play list.  Nancy
--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

03 Ol'BlueMedley/FS    8:04    Frank Sinatra    Ol'Blue Eyes Is Back
04 Laugh Cool Clown    3:35    Nat King Cole    The Forgotten 1949 Carnegie
Hall Concert
05 I Hear Music    5:42    Dave Brubeck    Jazz For Lovers
06 You Will Be My Music    4:33    Bob Florence and Annette Sanders    You
Will Be My Music    Soundtrack
07 On Green Dolphin Street [Live]    8:18    Keith Jarrett Trio    My
Foolish Heart [Disc 2]

09 Unchain My Heart [Live]    5:35    Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis (Norah
Jones)    Here We Go Again: Celebrating The Genius Of Ray Charles
10 Don't Explain    3:25    Billie Holiday    Anthology 1944-1959
11 You Go to My Head    4:30    Gil Evans    A Portrait of Gil Evans
12 Falling in Love With Love    3:55    Helen Merrill    Helen Merrill
20 Dominick Farinacci Station ID    0:05    ID/PSA        ID/PSA        4
5/19/11 1:08 PM    160 kbps    1/18/11 2:10 PM    AAC audio file    5/19/11
1:08 PM
14 Love Dance    3:56    Dominick Farinacci    Lovers, Tales And Dancers
15 Moon Dance    5:50    Gregory Generet    (Re) Generet-Ion
16 Let's Face The Music And Dance    2:50    Tony Bennett    The Beat Of My
Heart

18 Without A Song    2:46    Frank Sinatra    Vegas (Disc 1): Live At The
Sands, November 1961
19 I'm Beginning To See The Light    4:23    Lorez Alexandria    Singing
Songs Everyone Knows
20 It Could Happen To You    4:47    Clifford Brown    The Complete Blue
Note And Pacific Jazz Recordings
22 Softly, As In A Morning Sunrise    4:14    Hank Jones    With The
Meridian String Quart
23 Bluesette    3:45    Liz Childs    Oh, You Crazy Moon
24 You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To    5:28    Art Pepper    Art Pepper
Meets The Rhythm Section

26  Estate    6:08    Jim Malloy    Jazz Vocalist
27  Softly As In A Morning Sunrise    4:43    Kat Parra    Birds in Flight
28 Meditation    8:04    The Bassface Swing Trio    Straight Live
29 Make This City Ours Tonight    4:15    Tessa Souter    Obsession
30 Lucky To Be Me    3:41    John Bunch Trio    Best Thing For You

32 Fools Rush In    3:23    Frank Sinatra    Nice 'N' Easy
33 Time After Time    7:47    John Coltrane    Stardust
34 Dream A Little Dream Of Me    3:06    Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
What A Wonderful Duet
35 I Want To Be Happy    3:00    Hot Club of Detroit    Night Town
36 It's Easy To Remember    4:47    Ernestine Anderson    Love Makes The
Changes
37 Put On A Happy Face    4:29    Bill Charlap    All Through The Night
38 Happy Talk    3:28    The Tierney Sutton Band    On the Other Side
Jazz        3    2/18/09 1:55 PM    160 kbps    1/25/08 8:51 AM    AAC audio
file    5/10/11 4:24 PM
40 Glad To Be Unhappy    4:47    Dick Katz    Piano & Pen

42 Little Lulu    3:54    Bill Evans    Jazz Like You've Never Heard It
Before
44 Get Out Of Town    5:07    Roberta Gambarini    So In Love
45 It's The Talk Of The Town    7:04    Jim Snidero    Strings
46 My  Town    2:37    Biréli Lagrène    Blue Eyes

48 The Shadow Of Your Smile    2:32    Frank Sinatra    The Reprise
Collection [Disc 3]
49 'Round Midnight    6:27    Joe Locke / Geoffrey Keeyer Group
Summertime
50 Smile    4:55    Karrin Allyson    'Round Midnight
51 Sophisticated Lady    4:27    Ray Bryant    Hot Turkey
52 Something In Your Smile / When I Look In Your Eyes    6:13    Irene Kral
Second Chance
53 I'll Never Smile Again (feat Temperley)    7:38    Joe Temperley    The
Sinatra Songbook

55 It Had To Be You (Live) Featuring Ray Charles    5:30    Diane Schuur
Friends For Schuur
56 Take The A-Train    4:33    Duke Ellington Orcestra    The Duke Ellington
Orchestra Live On Tour
57 Out Of Nowhere    3:26    Connie Evingson    Stockholm Sweetnin
58  You're Driving Me Crazy    2:44    Jackie Gleason    How Sweet It Is!
The Jackie Gleason Velvet Brass Collection
59 But Not For Me    5:13    Diana Krall    Desert Island Discs: Music You
Gotta Have
60 The Man I Love    7:14    Martial Solal and Eric Le Lann    Portrait In
Black and White

62 Teach Me Tonight    3:49    Frank Sinatra    L.A. Is My Lady
63 The Way You Look Tonight    3:53    Carol Fredette    Everything In Time
64 Just Friends    3:57    Doc Severinsen    Once More With Feeling! (Feat.
The Tonight Show Band)
65 It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio Stasera)    3:06    Michael Bublé
Call Me Irresponsible
66 Alone Together    6:52    Charlie Haden & Chris Anderson    None But The
Lonely Heart
67 Speak Low    5:17    Enrico Pieranunzi    Alone Together
68 Sunday    2:58    Maxine Sullivan    Together. Maxine Sullivan Sings The
Music Of Jule Styne
69  The Party's Over    4:22    Blossom Dearie    Verve Jazz Masters 51

71 The Things We Did Last Summer    2:41     George Shearing and Nancy
Wilson    The Swingin's Mutual!
72 It's You Or No One    4:07    J.J. Johnson    Eminent (Vol. 2)
73 It's been a long, long time    2:20    Peggy Lee    Things Are Swingin'
74 Witchcraft    6:29    The Three Sounds    Blue Note Plays Sinatra
75 The Best Is Yet To Come    4:39    Jackie Ryan    You And The Night And
The Music
76 Star Eyes    3:31    Bud Powell    The Best Of Bud Powell On Verve

79 Night and Day    4:21    Frank Sinatra    Sinatra And Sextet: Live In
Paris
80 Night and Day    7:26    Joe Henderson    Inner Urge
81 You'd be So Nice to Come Home To    2:45    Tony DeSare    Last First
Kiss
82 I've Got You Under My Skin    3:17    Stan Getz    Quartets
83 I Get A Kick Out Of You    5:15    Mel Tormé, Rob McConnell & The Boss
Brass    Velvet & Brass (Promo)
84 You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To    4:20    Helen Merrill    Helen
Merrill
85 Easy To Love    3:33    Charlie Parker    Charlie Parker With Strings:
The Master Takes

87 I Concentrate On You    3:08    Steve Tyrell feat. Hillary kole    Songs
Of Sinatra
88 All Of You    8:16    Keith Jarrett Trio    Standards In Norway
89 In Love    3:06    Roberta Gambarini    So In Love
90 Dancing On The Ceiling    4:44    Dorothy Donegan Trio    September Song
91 FS/PorterAustraliaMedley    6:20    F.S.    Live In Australia
92 Dream Dancing    3:13    Mary Stallings    Dream
93 Almost like Being in Love    2:37    Johnny Hartman    Unforgettable
94 Out Of Nowhere    4:17    Red Norvo    The Red Norvo Trios    Jazz
160 kbps    3/6/10 1:55 PM    AAC audio file    5/16/11 3:55 PM
95 The Dear Departed Past    6:21    Dave Frishberg    Dave Frishberg At The
Jazz Bakery: Retromania    Jazz                160 kbps    5/9/09 2:11 PM
AAC audio file    5/16/11 3:55 PMJazz                160 kbps    5/7/09 4:01
PM    AAC audio file    5/16/11 3:55 PM
97 Waltz For Debby    4:04    Tony Bennett    The Tony Bennett And Bill
Evans Album