[JPL] Hip jazz covers of Bob Dylan anyone?

Larry Thomas lrt0393 at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 08:56:18 EDT 2011

Try "Blowing in the Wind" featuring The Brooklyn Repertory Ensemble with Tulivu-Donna Cumberbatch
on vocals.  The album is called "Pragmatic Optimism" (360)  (2006).  The arrangement is a
mid-tempo, slightly-calypso, horn-filled outing that is a superb segue after some slow music.  There
is also a seriously hip tune called "King" that is just or maybe more outstanding. Great and inspiring
music !  As Nina Simone said:  "We need all the inspiration we can get!"