[JPL] Pressing problem: Konitz / Mehldau / Haden / Motian 'Live at Birdland' ECM 2162

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:20:39 EDT 2011

A colleague on another list has reported this issue with the new ecm
release:

---

ok here is what I received by email from ECM in New York:

A new run of CDs is being manufactured and will be available on June
7th.  We hope you will still want the CD and if you go to find it
after June 7th, please make sure that the number on the outside
packaging (not the spine) is B0015764-02 - and the UPC should be
00602527746166. Those two numbers will distinguish the new corrected
CD from the old defective ones.

Yes Track 4 on the United States pressing of the CD, has a problem
(silent gap of about 10 seconds).  See above for how to distinguish
the new June 7th version, from the old-flawed one.

(don't know yet about the Europe / non-U.S. pressings until Axel or
Allan respond)

--
====
Nou Dadoun