[JPL] Bringing it all back home ...

cobuchow at aol.com cobuchow at aol.com
Tue May 24 23:02:57 EDT 2011

Many thanks to everyone for the myriad of jazzified Bob Dylan suggestions! I had fun programming this morning's show; even snuck in Bob's own "If Dogs Run Free." Of course, I should have posted my request a couple days ago, rather than two hours before I went on the air.

I especially appreciated the reminder about Abbey Lincoln's "Mr. Tambourine Man." That's always been among my favorite jazz takes on a Dylan song. And it's a perfect example of Abbey's distinctive artistry. I'll forever cherish the memory of seeing her reunited with Max Roach onstage at The University of Hartford in 1982 or thereabouts ... performing as a duo on the stunning "Tryptich" (originally heard on "We Insist! Freedom Now Suite"). Still sends chills up my spine ...

Chuck Obuchowski, WWUH
West Hartford, CT