[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 05-26-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Thu May 26 16:47:22 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 05-26-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Michael Dease - Four - Grace (JLP) [C] 7:14
The Modern Jazz Quartet - La Ronde Suite - Django (Prestige) 9:35

  BREAK

Part 2

The Miles Davis Quintet - I Could Write A Book - The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions (Prestige) 5:11
The Miles Davis Quintet - Oleo - The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions (Prestige) 6:33
Frank Morgan w/ The Rodney Kendrick Trio - Half Nelson - Bop! (Telarc) 11:21
Byron Morris And Unity - Ball's Groove - Unity, A Retrospective (By-Mor Music) [C] 11:22
Pat Metheny - Expansion - Orchestrion (Nonesuch) 8:35
Luigi Bonafede / Pietro Tonolo - Medley: Promise / Pace (Peace) - Peace (ObliqSound) 8:36
David Hardiman's Sextet - Medley - Portrait Of David Hardiman (self-released) [C] 16:18
Eric Reed - Reflections - The Dancing Monk (Savant) [C] 5:47
Eric Reed - Light Blue - The Dancing Monk (Savant) [C] 4:43
Bobby Matos Afro Latin Jazz Ensemble - Monk's Mood - Beautiful As The Moon (Lifeforce Jazz) [C] 10:00
Jessica Williams Trio - Freedom Trane - Freedom Trane (Origin) [C] 6:09
Terrence Brewer - My One And Only Love - Setting The Standard: Volume One (Strong Brew Music) [C] 6:20
Roberta Piket - Make Someone Happy - Sides, Colors (thirteenth Note) [C] 9:12

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56