[JPL] RIP GIL SCOTT HERON 1949-2011

Mike Stratton dreamtrane at gmail.com
Sat May 28 08:15:16 EDT 2011

What sad news. I saw Gil perform in East Lansing at the Erikson Kiva, either
in the late 70s or early 80s and it was a great show. I was looking forward
to seeing him in Detroit last year but somehow he was dropped from the line
up. "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised", "Lady Day and John Coltrane",
"The Bottle", "Whitey on the Moon", "New York Is Killing Me". Rest in Peace,
you influential poet.

Mike