[JPL] Playlist: WPKN 5/29/11

David Golden daveg at wpkn.org
Sun May 29 12:41:25 EDT 2011

Sunday, May 29th, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
WPKN 89.5 Bridgeport CT

Set One
Charles Earland; Put It Where You Want It; Blowing the Blue Away (1997
Highnote)
Jim Rotondi; Evening Shades of Blue; Destination Up (2001 Sharp Nine)
Joe Locke/David Hazeltine Quartet; Pharoah Joy; Mutual Admiration Society 2
(Sharp Nine)
Cedar Walton; Tres Palabras; Latin TInge (2002 Highnote)
[mic break 10:40 a.m.]

Set Two
Freddie Hubbard; One Of Another Kind; Pinnacle (2011 Resonance)
Freddie Hubbard; Happiness is Now; Pinnacle (2011 Resonance)
[mic break 11:05 a.m.]

Set Three
Joe Krown; Last Two Dollars; Triple Threat (2011 joekrown.com)
Daniel Jamieson's Danjam Orchestra; Alone Together; Sudden Appearance (2011
OA2)
Larry Goldings; Take Me Out to the Ballgame; In My Room (2011 BFM)
Dado Moroni; Jamal; Live in Beverly Hills (2010 Resonance)
[mic break 11:44 a.m.]

Set Four
Papa John DeFrancesco; Papa Was a Rolling Stone; A Philadelphia Story (2011
Savant)
Randy Johnston; Things We Said Today; Hit & Run (2002 HighNote)
Jaki Byard; 'Round Midnight; A Matter of Black and White (2011 HighNote)
Benny Green; Tempus Fugit; Source (2010 Jazz Legacy)
Cyrus Chestnut Trio; Smitty's Joint; Journeys (2010 Jazz Legacy)
[mic break 12:16 p.m.]

Set Five
Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica; Third River Rangoon; Third River Rangoon (2011 Tiki)
Dubblestandart; Chase the Devil; Return from Planet Dub (2009 Collision
Cause Chap)
The John Sullivan Brigade; Somewhere to Run; Live My Dream Rock True (2011
STR246)
Warren Haynes; River's Gonna Rise; Man in Motion (2011 Stax)
Buxter Hoot'n; Chief Justice Shepard; Buxter Hoot'n (2011 Buxter Hoot'n)
November Guest; Be Home By 9; The Island Pond Connection (2010 Shiretown)
[mic break 12:52]

May 29th in Jam Band History
Greensky Bluegrass; Old Barns; 5/29/2010 DelFest
Phil Lesh and Friends; Blue Sky; 5/29/99 Mountain Aire Festival
Phil Lesh and Friends; She Said, She Said; 5/29/99 Mountain Aire Festival
Phil Lesh and Friends; Tomorrow Never Knows; 5/29/99 Mountain Aire Festival
Deep Banana Blackout; Mercy, Mercy, Mercy; 5/29/98 Club Metronome,
Burlington, VT)
[2:00 p.m.]

--
David Golden
Producer, Sunday Brunch Concert & Radio Vibes