[JPL] WCPN Jazz Playlist 11/29

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue May 31 13:09:21 EDT 2011

Here's what aired this past weekend on Jazz All Night from WCPN in
Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid (Dave Sterner interview)

Dave Sterner          Problem Solved          Sidetracked
Speak Jazz

Cannonball Adderley - Nancy Wilson   The Old Country

                                    Cannonball Adderley - Nancy Wilson
Capitol

Joshua Redman      Hide and Seek     Freedom in the Groove      Warner
Brothers

David Sanborn    Lotus Blossom         Straight to the Heart         Warner
Brothers

John Ellis        Happy               One Foot in the Swamp
Hyena

Clifford Brown          Sandu            Study in Brown
EmArcy

Dave Sterner     What's He Say?  I Don't Know   Sidetracked     Speak Jazz

1:00AM

Benny Green                Chant                    The Source
Jazz Legacy

Ned Otter              Jeannine                    Powder Keg
Two and Four

Art Blakey             Ping-Pong                      OJC Sampler
OJC

Roberto Magris        Ceora            Morgan Rewind Vol. 1           J-Mood

Terell Stafford      Multicolored Blue    This Side of Strayhorn   MaxJazz

Johnny Hodges      Snibor            Complete Verve Recordings   Mosaic

2:00AM

John Brown         Isfahan        Dancing With Duke
Brown Boulevard

Jean-Michel Pilc       Caravan                  Essential
Motema

Sean Jones          Obsession      No Need for Words
Mack Avenue

Bobby Selvaggio         Spy Movie    Grass Roots Movement       Arabesque

Yellowjackets         Why Is It?                    Timeline
Mack Avenue

Fiveplay                Terra Incognita          Five of Hearts
Auraline

Sergio Mendes        Otra Vez                   Celebration
EmArcy

Sergio Mendes    Mas Que Nada                   "
"

Herb Alpert - Lani Hall     Moondance      I Feel You
Concord

3:00AM

Gretchen Parlato     Holding Back the Years

                                                                The Lost and
Found      Obliqsound

Gretchen Parlato    All That I Can Say                      "
"

Robert Glasper     Silly Rabbit              In My Element
Blue Note

Julia Huelsmann             The Door                Imprint
ECM

Colin Vallon Trio                 Rruga               (same)
ECM

Malika Zarra    Prelude/Mossameeha      Berber Taxi                   Motema

Femi Kuti     Make We Remember    Africa for Africa                 Knitting
Factory

Matthias Eick              Edinburgh                 Akala
ECM

Iro Haarla                   Doxa                          Vespers
ECM

4:00AM

Rene Marie    Voice of My Beautiful Country Suite    (same)     Motema

Sean Jones     Look and See       No Need for Words                   Mack
Avenue

Ernie Krivda  All the Things You Are  Live at the Dirty Dog     CIMPoL

New Tricks         New Dog                 Alternate Side
New Tricks

5:00AM

Houston Person   Do Nothin' 'Till You Hear From Me

                                                    The Way We Were
High Note

Houston Person - Etta Jones         Fine and Mellow   "                    "

Ernestine Anderson     All Blues       Nightlife
High Note

Eric Anderson           Remix Blues   Don't Follow the Crowd     High Note

All for One     Open and Shut   All for One Invades Vancouver  Cellar Live

Mike Murley     Joanie's Steps          Still Rollin'
Cornerstone

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV