[JPL] PLAYLIST: WGLT/Normal, IL jazz spins for week of 5/23 - 27, 2011

Jon Norton lhjelle at ilstu.edu
Tue May 31 14:13:04 EDT 2011

Hello Jazz Lovers:

Below is the weekly spins report for WGLT Jazz (May 23 - 27, 2011).  This report includes all current releases in rotation.

GLT now produces 70 hours of Jazz Programming every week on 89.1 FM/103.5 in Peoria and @ wglt.org.   Specific "over the air" broadcast hours are Monday thru Thursday from Midnight to 5am, 9am - 4pm and 9pm - Midnight.  GLT airs jazz every Friday from 9am to 4pm.

During the 70 hours of local jazz mentioned above, GLT plays the new releases listed below in addition to classic jazz recordings from artists including Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Dave Brubeck, Count Basie, Sarah Vaughan, John Coltrane, Oscar Peterson, Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald and many more.  We're also spinning recent releases that are now recurrent, and therefore unreported.  If you don't see your release, please reply to this email or call the number below.

**In addition to broadcasting at 25-thousand watts on 89.1 FM from Bloomington/Normal IL, and the greater Peoria area with increased power on 103.5 FM, GLT Jazz can also be heard at http://www.wglt.org.  Just click on "GLT Live" in the upper left corner of our website.

**If you wish to have your CD considered for airplay, please send to: WGLT-FM, Illinois State University, Campus Box 8910, Normal, IL 61790-8910; Attn: Jon Norton

Spins       Artist                      Title                        Label

10           N. Glenn Davis / What Could Be / independent

10           Rebecca Kilgore & Harry Allen Quartet / Live at Feinstein's / Arbors

10           Rufus Reid / Hughes Of A Different Blue / Motema

10           Etta Jones & Houston Person / The Way We Were / HighNote

  9            Charlie Haden / Sophisticated Ladies / Decca

  9            Monty Alexander/Uplift/JSP

  9            Marlene VerPlanck / One Dream At A Time / AudioPhile

  9            Bill Beach / Búzios / Bill Beach Azial Records

  8            Eric Reed / The Dancing Monk / Savant

  7            Benny Green / Source / Jazz Legacy

  7            Lynne Arriale / Convergence / Motema

  7            Dado Moroni / Live In Beverly Hills / Resonance

  6            Jessica Williams / Freedom Trane / Origin

  6            Doug MacDonald /It's a Blue World / bluJazz

  6            Ezra Weiss / The Shirley Horn Suite / Roark Records

  6            Sheryl Bailey / For All Those Living / independent

  5            Roger Davidson / David Finck / Umbrella's & Sunshine / Soundbrush

  5            Papa John DeFrancesco / A Philadelphia Story / Savant

  5            Jacki Byard / A Matter of Black & White / HighNote

  5            Terell Stafford / This Side of Strayhorn / MaxJazz

  5            David Leonhardt / Plays Cole Porter / Big Bang Records

  5            Rondi Charleston / Who Knows Where The Time Goes / Motema

  4            Wayne Goins / Chronicles of Carmela / Little Apple

  4            Reynold D. Philipsek / Tales From the North Woods / independent

  4            Mort Weiss & Bill Cunliffe / Mort Weiss Meets Bill Cunliffe / sms Jazz

  4            Ken Peplowski / In Search Of / Capri

  4            T.K. Blue / Latin Bird / Motema

  4            Nilson Matta & Roni Ben-Hur / Mojave / Motema

  3            Kenny Drew, Jr & Larry Coryell / Duality / Random Act

  3            Scott Hamilton & Rossano Sportiello / Midnight at Nola's Playhouse/ Arbors

  3            Eric Alexander / Don't' Follow The Crowd / HighNote

  2            Karrin Allyson / 'Round Midnight / Concord

  2            Terrence Brewer / Setting The Standard / Strong  Brew Music

Adds

                Chick Corea & Stanley Clarke /  Forever / Concord

                Skip Wilkins / I Concentrate On You /  Dreamboat Media

                Eliane Elias / Light My Fire / Concord

                James Torme / Love For Sale / Torme Jazz

                Gaucho / Pearl / Porto Franco

Drops

                Various /Disney Jazz, Volume 1 / Disney

                Doug Webb / Renovations / Posi-Tone

                Beegie Adair / I Love Being Here With You / Green Hill

                Howard Alden / I Remember Django /  Arbors

                Allan Vache / Look To The Sky / Arbors

Jon Norton | Music Director
WGLT | Campus Box 8910 | Illinois State University | Normal, IL  61790-8910
309.438.7871 Direct | 309.438.7870 Fax
Search "wglt" at iTunes for all GLT Podcasts | Listen live and listen to blues 24/7 at www.wglt.org
GLT: ideas, entertainment, engagement.
More than radio -- a place vital to connected community.