[JPL] Before & After with Marc Carey

Zimbrick,John John.Zimbrick at ColoState.EDU
Tue May 31 14:23:30 EDT 2011

Very enjoyable and interesting B&A with Marc, Larry.  The same goes for all of your earlier posts of B&As and interviews.  I look forward to more of them!!!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Larry Appelbaum
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:51 AM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: [JPL] Before & After with Marc Carey

Interesting to do this B&A in front of an audience with Marc's parents in the front row. He had interesting things to say after listening to recordings by Abdullah Ibrahim, Vijay Iyer, Duke Ellington, Ahmad Jamal, Esperanza Spalding, Robert Glasper and his mentor Walter Davis, Jr. I especially liked his memories of working with Betty Carter and Abbey Lincoln.

http://larryappelbaum.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/before-after-marc-carey/

Larry