[JPL] Frank Capp/Worcester Jazz Database

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Nov 1 10:58:22 EDT 2011

Capp recorded a few dates for Concord Jazz, which reissued an anthology
entitled Frank Capp Juggernaut.

http://www.jazzhistorydatabase.com/search/search.php?zoom_query=frank+capp

Search here for Frank Capp material.  Capp was a native of Worcester,
Mass, and this links to the Worcester Jazz Database, an impressive model
for what communities can do in documenting the local scene.  Check out
the pages on Jaki Byard, a Lennie Tristano symposium, the 1930's-'40s
Saxtrum Club Collective, and a wonderful tenor player named Howard
Jefferson.

This site includes an archive of concert recordings from a series that I
was involved in 30+ years ago...here you'll find mostly solo and duo
performances by Max Roach, Milford Graves, Andrew Cyrille, Marion Brown,
etc.

Tom