[JPL] standards/traditions/Geo Wein/radio

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:02:13 EDT 2011

Here is the list of artist from the August 2011 Newport Festival.  Looks
like many non-BIG names to me.
Tom

*The 2011 Newport Jazz Festival features:*

*FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2011 / 8:00 PM*

*International Tennis Hall of Fame / 194 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI*

*Michael Feinstein *"Come Fly with Me" with Special Guest*Joe Negri*

*Wynton Marsalis*

*SATURDAY, AUGUST 6, 2011 / 11:30 AM - 7:00 PM *

*Fort Adams State Park, Harrison Avenue, Newport, RI*

*Wynton Marsalis *

*Esperanza Spalding & Friends I*

*Eddie Palmieri Latin Jazz Band*

*Al Di Meola World Sinfonia*

*Michel Camilo "Mano a Mano" *with*Giovanni Hidalgo *and*Charles Flores*

*Hiromi*

*Mujeres De Agua by Javier Limón *featuring*Buika*

*Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue*

*Regina Carter's Reverse Thread*

*Steve Coleman and Five Elements*

*Joey DeFrancesco Trio*

*Grace Kelly *with Special Guest*Phil Woods*

*Ambrose Akinmusire Quintet*

*Mostly Other People Do the Killing*

*New Black Eagle Jazz Band*

*SUNDAY, AUGUST 7, 2011 / 11:30 AM - 7:00 PM*

*Fort Adams State Park, Harrison Avenue, Newport, RI*

*Esperanza Spalding & Friends II*

*Angélique Kidjo*

*James Farm with Joshua Redman, Aaron Parks, Matt Penman *and*Eric Harland*

*Hiromi: The Trio Project *featuring*Anthony Jackson *and*Simon Phillips*

*Charles Lloyd *with Special Guest*Zakir Hussain*

*Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue*

*Mingus Big Band*

*Ravi Coltrane Quartet*

*Randy Weston's African Rhythms Trio*

*Miguel Zenón Presents the Puerto Rican Songbook *

*John Hollenbeck Large Ensemble *with Special Guest*Uri Caine*

*Avishai Cohen's Triveni *with Special Guests*Joshua Redman *and*Anat Cohen*

*Apex: Rudresh Mahanthappa & Bunky Green*

*Brubeck Brothers*

*Berklee College of Music All Stars*