[JPL] George Wein's Thoughts On Receiving CDs

Blaise Lantana blantana at rioradio.org
Tue Nov 1 17:51:42 EDT 2011

This is just an aside on the discussion, but artists who do include a
standard or two on an album, often have drum and bass solos on that tune.
I'm guessing it's because everyone is more comfortable on what they know,
but throw radio a bone, one standard, no drum solo.

I still enjoy Herbie's New Standard album, but I was there to see that
amazing band play those tunes live and that helped me carry it to my
listeners with the enthusiasm it deserved.  I don't get to see most of the
bands that send CDs.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ PHoenix