[JPL] Fundrasing

George Thomas gthomas at vpr.net
Tue Nov 1 18:41:12 EDT 2011

Vermont Public Radio (VPR) reached & exceeded our membership drive goal of $520,000 from nearly 5000 listeners. Heavy forward promotion resulted in great advance-of-drive funds, esp. on-line.
The only membership gift was the custom designed local artist mug, with new designs for each drive.
http://www.vpr.net/support/artist_mug_gallery/index.php#feature/2009-mcbride

There were a number of drawings for I-Pads, 4 airline tix to anywhere in US, $1,000 prize to Small Dog (Apple retailer)& $3,000 prize to Outdoor Gear Exchange (popular clothes & equipment store).

Focus stayed on what VPR means to you.

What was really amazing was this drive came less than a month after Vermont Disaster Relief Fund, a one day drive to benefit folks hit hard by Tropical Storm Irene. The ONE DAY drive raised $620,000+

George

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave