[JPL] Hawaii Public Radio Delivers.....AGAIN!

Ray Cruz rcruz at hawaiipublicradio.org
Tue Nov 1 20:07:30 EDT 2011

We must be doing something right! On two streams no less!

HPR'S “CELEBRATION 2011” WRAPS AT 5:12 P.M. ON AFTERNOON OF DAY 10;
Down-to-the-Wire Finale Hits $865,976, $4,976 Over Goal

    Hawaii Public Radio brought its fall fundraiser “Celebration 2011” to a triumphant conclusion at
5:12 p.m. on Friday, October 21, 2011, the afternoon of the tenth day of a drive scheduled for ten days. The goal of $861,000 was exceeded by $4,976 for a record-breaking total of $865,976. There were 2,727 calls from supporters during the drive. KIPO/KIPM/KIPH earned a record pledge total of $237,544. That stream’s reach across the state was strengthened through the new KIPM transmitter, which is co-located with the KKUA transmitter at Ulupalakua in upcountry Maui, and went on line last April. KIPH is located in Hana.

    Advance donations before the drive came to $119,832, contributed by 1,145 supporters.

    Last spring’s fundraiser ended late the afternoon of the 9th day.

    “Given the difficult current economic situation, we could not be more pleased,” said HPR President and General Manager Michael Titterton. “We have always described our service as community-building, and this is enthusiastic proof that our listeners want to keep this service on track and on the air. We are very grateful."

    More than 300 volunteers joined the station staff and on-air guests to ask for funding for programming costs for the next six months.

Ray Cruz
Asst. Director of Operations
Hawaii Public Radio
Honolulu, Hawaii