[JPL] Re: standards/traditions/Geo Wein/radio

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 10:18:13 EDT 2011

Interestingly enough Steve "Tales" was one of the few "sideman" dates Keith Jarrett has done in his career. You can probably count them on one hand after about 72. Fascinating to hear him in that context. Another that comes to mind is "Gnu High" by Kenny Wheeler. A breathtakingly beautiful recording. Certainly one of the most profoundly influential jazz trios to ever play together and I will say there are few pianists that I'm willing to sit and listen to playing standards all night but Keith is at the top of that list. Few have that level of melodic and lyrical continuity in their playing.

Jae Sinnett