[JPL] Zenph "re-performance"

Eric Gruner eric at jazz901.org
Fri Nov 4 10:34:32 EDT 2011

Can someone enlighten me on this new series?   Is the music on the CD
original recordings done by actual human beings or is it just music
transcribed and programmed to be played electronically by acoustic
instruments a la Orchestrion?    Does Oscar Peterson actually appear on the
Oscar Peterson disc?   Are there other musicians who play?  I am confused
by this and the liner notes on the CD are no help. (not much either from
the Zenph website that seems to focus on software and technology...."We
create content, live experiences and software that make music more
powerful, immediate and accessible.")

--
Eric Gruner
Jazz Host