[JPL] Zenph "re-performance"

Desert Island Jazz desert.island.jazz at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 11:08:54 EDT 2011

It is a solo performance re-created by digitally reproducing what was
originally recorded, then playing back on an acoustic piano "fitted with
sophisticated computers and hardware".  The piano is then recorded "using
the latest microphones and recording techniques" (Quotes from the liner
notes).

The Zenph process is claimed to be able to replicate what was originally
recorded, including every note, pedal action, volume and articulations.

The source was original audio recordings by OP; Oscar was not there to make
the Zenph recording.

The Zenph process is new to me as well, and would love to see other comments
on it.

David May
Desert Island Jazz
WHFC-FM 91.1