[JPL] Zenph "re-performance"

Eric Jackson eric_jackson1 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 19:39:46 EDT 2011

On 11/04/2011 07:19 PM, Eric Gruner wrote:

> Very interesting, from a technological standpoint all answers have said
> nothing about the fact that the music is being played by a machine...  not
> a human being.        So....... everyone OK with that?      Who's planning
> to )or planning not to) give it airplay?   (and I'd  love to hear some
> musicians chime in on this)

I have played it and I've gotten good response from the audience. In
fact, I've gotten request for it.

Would you play music recorded for a piano roll? This is probably a
better reproduction of what the artist was doing that a piano roll was
and I have occasionally played music from piano rolls.

Eric Jackson
WGBH Boston
Mon -Thurs 8 PM - Mid
Sunday 10 PM - Mid.