[JPL] RE: jazzproglist Digest, Vol 13, Issue 307

JazzRadio WWPVfm wwpvjazz at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:02:59 EDT 2011

The discussion of the Zenph Oscar Peterson release is fascinating.
Machine? Piano?

I believe the piano in question is a Yamaha Disclavier. Which is certainly a "machine", introduced here ca 1987, only a few years after we began our Jazz programming. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disklavier

But it seems to me every piano is a "machine", no?

I've enjoyed airing the recording, and have made brief introductory remarks.

I'm fortunate indeed (and old enough ;-)    ) to have heard OP play. We're happy (at WWPV) to have this recording to air as well.

Thanks one and all for the fascinating discussions over the years.
And THANKS to those who have sent us all the terrific music for airplay!

David Beckett

L.J. Kopf & David Beckett
Jazz Music Directors

WWPV 88.7 fm Saint Michael's College advisors to the Burlington Discover Jazz Festival wwpvjazz at hotmail.com