[JPL] WWSP music report wekk of 10/31/11 - 11/6/11

Russell Haines russjazzworld at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 12:12:00 EST 2011

 *WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of   10/31/11 – 11/6/11*

*WWSP 90fm*

*University of Wisconsin Stevens Point*

*30,000 Watts*

* *

*Russ Haines
*

*Jazz/World Music Director*

*WWSP 90fm*

*1608 Reserve Street*

*Stevens Point, WI. 54481*

*PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME*

*russjazzworld at gmail.com* <russjazzworld at gmail.com>

* *

*4 or more spins*

* *

4 Antonio Adolfo – Chora Baiao – AAM Music

5 AfroBop Alliance – Una Mas – OA2

4 Sylvia Bennett – Sonrie – Out of Sight Music

5 George Benson – Guitar Man - Concord

4 Reinaldo Brahn – Brasileiro – Reference Recordings

5 Anthony Branker & Word Play – Dialogic - Origin

7 Kenny Burrell – tenderly - HighNote

4 James Carter Organ Trio – At The Crossroads - Emarcy

4 Maureen Choi Quartet – Self-Titled – Self-produced

4 Cinque – Catch a Corner – ALMA Records

4 Jeff Coffin & The Mu’tet – Live! – Ear Up Records

4 Freddy Cole – Talk to Me - HighNote

4 Cecelia Coleman Big Band – Oh Boy! PandaKat Records

6 Chick Corea/Stefano Bollani – Orvieto - ECM

4 Joey DeFrancesco – 40 - HighNote

5 Les Demerle Band – Gypsy Renezvous Vol. 2 - Origin

4 Michael Feinstein – The Sinatra Project: Vol. II - Concord

4 Ken Fowser/Behn Gillece – Duotone - Positone

4 Danny Fox Trio – The One Constant - Songlines

4 Steve Hall Quintet – Crusin’ On Burnside – Movealong Records

5 Roy Haynes – Roy-alty – Dreyfus  Jazz

5 Tim Horner – The Paces We Feel Free – Miles High Records

5 Bob James/Keiko Matsui – Altair & Vega – Tappan Zee Records/eone

5 Stanley Jordan – Friends – Mack Ave.

4 Kevin Kizer Quintet – Aspects – blujazz

4 Mary Louise Knutson – In The Bubble – Meridian Jazz

4 Alan Leatherman – Detour Ahead – AJL Music

4 Mike Ledonne – Keep the Faith - Savant

4 Mike Longo Trio + 2 – To My Surprise - CAP

4 Rudresh Mahanthappa – Samdhi - ACT

4 Rene’ Marie – Black Lace Freudian Slip - Motema

5 Christian McBride Big Band – The Good Feeling – Mack Ave.

6 Brad Mehldau/Kevin Hays – Modern Music - Nonesuch

4 Sophie Milman – In The Moonlight - eone

5 Carol Morgan Quartet – Blue Glass Music

6 David Murray Cuban Ensemble – Plays Nat King Cole En Espanol – Motema

4 Bill O’Connell – Triple Play Plus Three - zoho

4 William Parker – Solo Bass/Crumbling in the Shadows… – Centering Records

4 Alan Pasqua – Twin Bill – BFM  Jazz

4 Leonard Patton/Geoffrey Keezer – Expressions – Lenju Music Group

4 Oscar Peterson – Unmistakable – Sony Masterworks

5 Pilc/Moutin/Hoenig – Threedom - Motema

5 Tineke Postma – The Dawn of Light – Challenge Records

5 Sonny Rollins – Road Shows Vol. 2 – Doxy Records

6 Poncho Sanchez & Terence Blanchard – Chano y Dizzy! – Concord Picante

6 John Scofield – A Moments Peace - Emarcy

5 Stranahan/Zaleski/Rosato – Anticipation - Capri

5 Ira Sullivan & Stu Katz – A Family Affair - Origin

5 3 Cohens – Family – Anzic Records

5 Trombone Shorty – For True – Verve Forecast

5 Various – Miles Espanol – eone

6 Cory Weeds – Just Like That – Cellar Live

5 Wellstone Conspiracy – Humble Origins – Origin

4 Yotam – Brasil - JLP

* *

*2 – 3 spins *

2 Corina Bartra & Her Orchestra – Cielo  Sandunguero – Blue Spiral

3 Gerald Beckett – Standard Flute - Summit

2 Dee Bell – Sagacious Grace – Laser Records

2 Paul Cohen – I Want You Back – Sage West Music Group

3 Oscar Perez Nuevo Comienzo – Afropean Affair – Chandra Records

2 Patrick Cornelius – Maybe Steps - Positone

2 Kevin Crabb – Waltz for Dylan – CrabbClaw records

2 Shirley Crabbe – Home – Self-produced

2 Rick Cutler – Sanctuaries – Dude Records

2 E.S.P. – Reach – Spider Records

2 Jeff Gauthier Goatette – Open Source – Cryptogramophone

2 Mac Gollehon – Oddyssey of Nostalgia – American Showplace Music

2 Lenora Zenzalai Helm – I Love Myself When I’m Laughing… - Zenzalai Music

2 Claudia Hommel & the Jazz Faure’ Theatre Project – By the Riverbank –
Self-Produced

2 Darius Jones Trio – Big Gurl – AUM Fidelity

3 Grace Kelly – Grace – PAZZ Productions

2 Takuya Kuroda – Edge – Self-produced

2 Ed Littlefield – Walking Between Worlds – Pony Boy Records

3 Lisa Maxwell – Happy – Jazz, Lovers

2 Mark McLean’s Playground – Self-titled – Self-produced

2 Soren Moller – Christian X Variations – Audial Records

2 Native Soul – Soul Step – Talking Drums Records

2 Anthony E. Nelson jr. Tenor for Two - Musicstand

3 New West Guitar Group – Round Trip Ticket - Summit

3 Phil Norman Tentet – Encore - MAMA

3 Sean Nowell – Stockholm Swingin’ - Positone

3 Tish Oney – Sweet Youth – blujazz

2 Michael Pedicin – Ballads …searching for peace – Jazz Hut Records

3 Lola Regenthal – With You – Origin

3 Jason Robinson - The Two Faces of Janus - Cuneiform

3 Ted Rosenthal Trio – Out of This World – Playscape Records

2 Holli Ross – You’ll See – Miles High Records

3 Kenny Shanker – Steppin’ Up - Positone

3 Kayla Taylor – You’d Be Surprised – Smarty Kat Records

3 Turtleboy – Smart Matter – Songlines

3 Freddy V – Easier Than it Looks – Watersign productions

3 Vanguard Jazz Orchestra – Forever Lasting/Live In Tokyo – Planet Arts

3 David S. Ware – Organica (solo saxophones, volume 2) – AUM Fidelity

3 Skip Wilkins Trio – After – Dreambox Jazz

3 Reuben Wilson Trio – Revisited – American Showplace Music

* *

*JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 11/6/11*

*Rez Abbasi’s Invocation – Suno Suno - Enja*

*Geri Allen – A Child Is Born - Motema*

*Dave Brubeck Quartet – Their Last Time Out – Columbia/Legacy*

*Bill Frisell – All We Are Saying… - Savoy Jazz*

*Keith Jarrett – Rio – ECM*

*Darren Johnston’s Gone to Chicago – The Big Lift – Porto Franco Records*

*Pat Martino Quartet – Undeniable - HighNote*

*Christian McBride – Conversations with…- Mack Ave.*

*Henrik Meurkens – Live at Bird’s Eye - zoho*

*Al Naylor – Legacy – Self-produced*

*Jacqui Naylor – Lucky Girl – Ruby Star Records*

*Houston Person – So Nice - HighNote*

*Kate Reid The Love I’m In – Self-produced*

*Christine Reisner – Beginner’s Luck – Self-produced*

*Dwight Trible – Cosmic – Katalyst Entertainment*

*** REISSUES/COMPILATIONS***

5 George Benson – Beyond the Blue Horizon - CTI

5 Wynton Marsalis – Selections from Swinging Into the 21st - Legacy

* *

*W = WORLD          *** Add this week*

* *

*W *5 Kiran Ahluwalia – Aam Zameen: Common Ground MAPL

*W *5 Natacha Atlas – Mounqaliba-Rising: The Remixes – Six Degrees

*W *5 Beats Antique – Elektrafone – Self produced

*W *5 Happy Riddem – One World Sovereignty – Fort Knox Records

*W *5 Joni Haastrup – Wake Up Your Mind – Tummy Touch Records

*** *Various – Artic Paradise/Contemporary Folk Music from Finland - Fimic*

* *

*PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP*

*** *Adanowsky – Amador - Everloving*

3 Lara Downes – 13 Ways of Looking at the Goldberg – Tritone Records

3 Vittorio Grigolo – Arrivederci - Sony

4 Matt Haimovitz/Christopher O’Riley – Shuffle.Play.Listen – Oxingale
Records

5  Headhunters – Platinum - Owl

4 Nigel Kennedy – The Four Elements - Sony

*** *MA/Duncan/Meyer/Thile – The Goat Rodeo Sessions - Sony*

3 Random Touch – Tributary – Token Boy Records

3 Janet Robbins – Song of the Gypsy Tree – Star 7 Records

*** *Todd Rundgren – Johnson – MPCA Records*

4 Dara Tucker – Soul Said Yes – Watchman Music Group

* *

*The next add date for WWSP is 11/13/11.  I will have space for 15 Jazz
discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All
discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support
of WWSP 90fm.*

*  Russ*--
*Russ Haines*
*Jazz/World Music Director*