[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - November 7, 2011

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Nov 7 19:11:12 EST 2011

Don't know why, but I just discovered the Radio Nederland Music Meeting
Highlights 2011 CD set on our shelves today and couldn't resist gorging on
it a little. Here's this week's Jazz Odyssey playlist. All the best, Jerry
THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, November 7, 2011, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com*
**
Bappi Lahiri* - “Walking on Love Street” from *Walking on Love Street* on *Bug
Digital
**David Krakauer & Klezmer Madness featuring Socalled* - “Bale Boste”
from *Music
Meeting Festival Highlights 2011* on *Radio Nederland**
Wallace Davenport* - “Who's Sorry Now” from *Wallace Davenport with Jim
Robinson and Louis Nelson* on *My Jazz*

*Mark Weinstein* - “Aruanco” from *El Cumbanchero* on *Jazzheads**
Omar Sosa* - “Esperanza” from *Calma* on *Otá Records**
The John Santos Sextet* - “The Sense of Now” from *Filosofia Caribena, Vol.
1* on *Machete*

*Milt Jackson* - “Sonnymoon For Two” from *Statements* on *Impulse**
Sonny Rollins* - “I Feel a Song Coming On” from *The Best of Sonny Rollins*on
*Prestige**
Gerry Mulligan* - “Festive Minor” from *The Art of Jazz Saxophone - Explore*on
*Laserlight*

*Terence Blanchard -* “Blues for Malcolm” from *The Malcolm X Jazz Suite*on
*Columbia**
Miles Davis* - “I Fall in Love Too Easily” from *The Complete Live at the
Plugged Nickel* on *Columbia/Legacy*

  *James Drew* - “Seeking Independence” from *Barrio Frances* on *Maximus*
*DAmjan Krajacic* - “Inspire” from *Glide* on *RoundTone*
*Roberto Fonseca* - “7 Potencias” from *Music Meeting Festival Highlights
2011* on *Radio Nederland*
*Mercan Dede & Secret Tribe* - “Hininop” from *Music Meeting Festival
Highlights 2011* on *Radio Nederland*

--
Jerry Karp,
Village Books