[JPL] Fundrasing

George Thomas gthomas at vpr.net
Tue Nov 8 20:05:37 EST 2011

Hi Blaise,

Subject: Re: [JPL] Fundrasing

Sounds good George, how many days was your drive?
*10/13-10/21 with a "web pledge day" on 10/12 ($28,000+)

Also, did you use arbitron to see how much listening was up or down during the drive?
*Not sure.

Did you lay low at certain times, or pitch constantly?
*Pitched constantly on Jazz each weeknight M-F 9-11pm (mid on Fri)

Did you use two announcers and a producer or just one person?
*One, me for jazz.
*Two pitchers, one producer, one engineer & room full of volunteers for news programs.

During ME and ATC and most of the news during the day we had two announcers
on and a producer to keep track of calls and amounts.  During jazz, it was
just me, and for overnight jazz it was just letting people know there was a
drive.  How did you do evenings and nights?  We use a phone service most of
the time now.

*We use web & phone service outside of busy times.

how many drives a year do you have?
*Three, plus one raffle this year.

*We have follow-up phone calls by all staff to new members, very positive.

Blaise Lantana

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM, George Thomas <gthomas at vpr.net> wrote:

> Vermont Public Radio (VPR) reached & exceeded our membership drive goal of
> $520,000 from nearly 5000 listeners. Heavy forward promotion resulted in
> great advance-of-drive funds, esp. on-line.
> The only membership gift was the custom designed local artist mug, with
> new designs for each drive.
>
> http://www.vpr.net/support/artist_mug_gallery/index.php#feature/2009-mcbride
>
> There were a number of drawings for I-Pads, 4 airline tix to anywhere in
> US, $1,000 prize to Small Dog (Apple retailer)& $3,000 prize to Outdoor
> Gear Exchange (popular clothes & equipment store).
>
> Focus stayed on what VPR means to you.
>
> What was really amazing was this drive came less than a month after
> Vermont Disaster Relief Fund, a one day drive to benefit folks hit hard by
> Tropical Storm Irene. The ONE DAY drive raised $620,000+
>
> George
>
> Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
> Vermont Public Radio
> 365 Troy Ave