[JPL] classic photos from Lennie's on the Turnpike

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Nov 10 11:02:17 EST 2011

Now that you mention it Steve, in the documentary Mingus in Greenwich
Village, there's a scene or two of Mingus at Lennie's with McPherson,
Hillyer, and Richmond, maybe Bish too. I caught mostly blues at
Lennie's, Muddy Waters, Paul Butterfield, Charlie Musselwhite with
guitarist Fenton Robinson, along with shows by Clark Terry and Rahsaan.
p.s. I've got one of the original pressings of Mingus at
Monterey...thanks for letting me know it's worth some dough.

--
Tom Reney

"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.