[JPL] Q about another Boston jazz club

Eric Jackson eric_jackson1 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 10 18:02:53 EST 2011

On 11/10/2011 05:21 PM, Arturo Gomez wrote:

> Great photos of Lennie's, I enjoyed viewing them. I always here veteran jazz artists and fans talk about a Boston jazz club of the past, Scully's, supposedly on "the other side of the tracks". Eric, Steve, Tom et al any stories and or photos about that Beantown night spot?

Hi Arturo,

I've never heard of a club named Scully's. There is a club here now
called Scullers. It's been around for about 25 years. It's located in
the Double Tree Hotel. Years ago there was an area of Boston called
Scully Square. There was a lot of music there. I believe the young
Johnny Hodges met his idol Sidney Bechet there.

Eric Jackson
WGBH Boston
Mon -Thurs 8 PM - Mid
Sunday 10 PM - Mid.