[JPL] WWSP music report week of 11/6/11 - 11/13/11

Russell Haines russjazzworld at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:04:13 EST 2011

*WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of   11/6/11 – 11/13/11*

*WWSP 90fm*

*University of Wisconsin Stevens Point*

*30,000 Watts*

* *

*Russ Haines
*

*Jazz/World Music Director*

*WWSP 90fm*

*1608 Reserve Street*

*Stevens Point, WI. 54481*

*PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME*

*russjazzworld at gmail.com* <russjazzworld at gmail.com>**

* *

*4 or more spins*

* *

4 Rez Abbasi’s Invocation – Suno Suno - Enja

5 AfroBop Alliance – Una Mas – OA2

5 Geri Allen – A Child Is Born - Motema

4 George Benson – Guitar Man - Concord

4 Reinaldo Brahn – Brasileiro – Reference Recordings

6 Dave Brubeck Quartet – Their Last Time Out – Columbia/Legacy

6 Kenny Burrell – tenderly - HighNote

4 Maureen Choi Quartet – Self-Titled – Self-produced

4 Cinque – Catch a Corner – ALMA Records

4 Freddy Cole – Talk to Me - HighNote

6 Chick Corea/Stefano Bollani – Orvieto - ECM

4 Les Demerle Band – Gypsy Renezvous Vol. 2 - Origin

4 Michael Feinstein – The Sinatra Project: Vol. II - Concord

5 Bill Frisell – All We Are Saying… - Savoy Jazz

4 Tim Horner – The Paces We Feel Free – Miles High Records

5 Bob James/Keiko Matsui – Altair & Vega – Tappan Zee Records/eone

7 Keith Jarrett – Rio – ECM

4 Mike Ledonne – Keep the Faith - Savant

4 Mike Longo Trio + 2 – To My Surprise - CAP

4 Rene’ Marie – Black Lace Freudian Slip - Motema

7 Pat Martino Quartet – Undeniable - HighNote

5 Christian McBride – Conversations with…- Mack Ave.

5 Henrik Meurkens – Live at Bird’s Eye - zoho

5 David Murray Cuban Ensemble – Plays Nat King Cole En Espanol – Motema

4 Bill O’Connell – Triple Play Plus Three - zoho

5 Tineke Postma – The Dawn of Light – Challenge Records

6 Poncho Sanchez & Terence Blanchard – Chano y Dizzy! – Concord Picante

6 John Scofield – A Moments Peace - Emarcy

5 Stranahan/Zaleski/Rosato – Anticipation - Capri

5 3 Cohens – Family – Anzic Records

4 Dwight Trible – Cosmic – Katalyst Entertainment

5 Trombone Shorty – For True – Verve Forecast

5 Cory Weeds – Just Like That – Cellar Live

5 Wellstone Conspiracy – Humble Origins – Origin

4 Yotam – Brasil - JLP

* *

*2 – 3 spins *

3 Antonio Adolfo – Chora Baiao – AAM Music

2 Corina Bartra & Her Orchestra – Cielo  Sandunguero – Blue Spiral

3 Gerald Beckett – Standard Flute - Summit

2 Dee Bell – Sagacious Grace – Laser Records

3 Sylvia Bennett – Sonrie – Out of Sight Music

2 Anthony Branker & Word Play – Dialogic - Origin

3 James Carter Organ Trio – At The Crossroads - Emarcy

3 Jeff Coffin & The Mu’tet – Live! – Ear Up Records

2 Paul Cohen – I Want You Back – Sage West Music Group

3 Oscar Perez Nuevo Comienzo – Afropean Affair – Chandra Records

2 Patrick Cornelius – Maybe Steps - Positone

2 Kevin Crabb – Waltz for Dylan – CrabbClaw  Records

2 Shirley Crabbe – Home – Self-produced

2 Rick Cutler – Sanctuaries – Dude Records

3 Joey DeFrancesco – 40 - HighNote

2 E.S.P. – Reach – Spider Records

2 Jeff Gauthier Goatette – Open Source – Cryptogramophone

2 Mac Gollehon – Oddyssey of Nostalgia – American Showplace Music

3 Steve Hall Quintet – Crusin’ On Burnside – Movealong Records

3 Roy Haynes – Roy-alty – Dreyfus  Jazz

2 Lenora Zenzalai Helm – I Love Myself When I’m Laughing… - Zenzalai Music

2 Claudia Hommel & the Jazz Faure’ Theatre Project – By the Riverbank –
Self-Produced

2 Darius Jones Trio – Big Gurl – AUM Fidelity

2 Darren Johnston’s Gone to Chicago – The Big Lift – Porto Franco Records

3 Stanley Jordan – Friends – Mack Ave.

3 Grace Kelly – Grace – PAZZ Productions

2 Takuya Kuroda – Edge – Self-produced

3 Alan Leatherman – Detour Ahead – AJL Music

2 Ed Littlefield – Walking Between Worlds – Pony Boy Records

3 Christian McBride Big Band – The Good Feeling – Mack Ave.

2 Mark McLean’s Playground – Self-titled – Self-produced

2 Soren Moller – Christian X Variations – Audial Records

2 Native Soul – Soul Step – Talking Drums Records

2 Al Naylor – Legacy – Self-produced

3 Jacqui Naylor – Lucky Girl – Ruby Star Records

2 Anthony E. Nelson jr. Tenor for Two - Musicstand

3 New West Guitar Group – Round Trip Ticket - Summit

3 Phil Norman Tentet – Encore - MAMA

3 Alan Pasqua – Twin Bill – BFM  Jazz

3 Leonard Patton/Geoffrey Keezer – Expressions – Lenju Music Group

2 Michael Pedicin – Ballads …searching for peace – Jazz Hut Records

3 Houston Person – So Nice - HighNote

3 Oscar Peterson – Unmistakable – Sony Masterworks

3 Pilc/Moutin/Hoenig – Threedom - Motema

3 Lola Regenthal – With You – Origin

2 Kate Reid The Love I’m In – Self-produced

2 Christine Reisner – Beginner’s Luck – Self-produced

3 Jason Robinson - The Two Faces of Janus - Cuneiform

3 Sonny Rollins – Road Shows Vol. 2 – Doxy Records

3 Ted Rosenthal Trio – Out of This World – Playscape Records

2 Holli Ross – You’ll See – Miles High Records

3 Kenny Shanker – Steppin’ Up - Positone

3 Ira Sullivan & Stu Katz – A Family Affair - Origin

3 Kayla Taylor – You’d Be Surprised – Smarty Kat Records

3 Freddy V – Easier Than it Looks – Watersign productions

3 Vanguard Jazz Orchestra – Forever Lasting/Live In Tokyo – Planet Arts

3 Various – Miles Espanol – eone

3 David S. Ware – Organica (solo saxophones, volume 2) – AUM Fidelity

3 Skip Wilkins Trio – After – Dreambox Jazz

* *

*NO JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 11/13/11*

I had planned to add my normal 15 discs this week but I find that we are
packed full with material that we dig and still want to chart. So I am not
adding this week (sorry Mitchell) and will plan on next week to resume
adding Jazz discs. I appreciate being in this predicament and also
appreciate your understanding and support.

*** REISSUES/COMPILATIONS***

4 George Benson – Beyond the Blue Horizon - CTI

4 Wynton Marsalis – Selections from Swinging Into the 21st - Legacy

* *

*W = WORLD          *** Add this week*

* *

*W *5 Kiran Ahluwalia – Aam Zameen: Common Ground MAPL

*W *5 Natacha Atlas – Mounqaliba-Rising: The Remixes – Six Degrees

*W *5 Beats Antique – Elektrafone – Self produced

*W *5 Happy Riddem – One World Sovereignty – Fort Knox Records

*W *5 Joni Haastrup – Wake Up Your Mind – Tummy Touch Records

*W *5 Various – Artic Paradise/Contemporary Folk Music from Finland - Fimic*
*

* *

*PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP*

4 Adanowsky – Amador - Everloving

3 Lara Downes – 13 Ways of Looking at the Goldberg – Tritone Records

3 Vittorio Grigolo – Arrivederci - Sony

3 Matt Haimovitz/Christopher O’Riley – Shuffle.Play.Listen – Oxingale
Records

3 Nigel Kennedy – The Four Elements - Sony

4 MA/Duncan/Meyer/Thile – The Goat Rodeo Sessions - Sony

3 Random Touch – Tributary – Token Boy Records

3 Janet Robbins – Song of the Gypsy Tree – Star 7 Records

4 Todd Rundgren – Johnson – MPCA Records

4 Dara Tucker – Soul Said Yes – Watchman Music Group

* *

*The** next add date for WWSP is 11/20/11.  I will have space for 15 Jazz
discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All
discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support
of WWSP 90fm.*
*  Russ*--
*Russ Haines*
*Jazz/World Music Director*