[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 08:23:03 EST 2011

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM Pacific). To get more info on Jazz America and to listen to the latest program in MP3 form or on Windows Media Player go to the Jazz America web site:
http://www1.voanews.com/english/programs/radio/64963177.html Jazz America is available on demand on this web page. Each show is only available through Friday evening when it is replaced by the next week’s program. You can download them by
right clicking on the MP3 icon and clicking "Save Target As."

Listen on Shortwave:  1300 GMT/UTC Saturdays and Sundays
Africa - 4.95 6.08 13.57 15.58 17.895 mhz
Middle East and Europe - 12.005 15.53 mhz
Asia and Pacific - 7.43 7.575 9.7 12.15 mhz

Jazz America is also heard on affiliate FM & AM stations worldwide. International listeners should check their local radio station guide for more information. For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazzamerica at voanews.com.
Jazz America with Russ Davis

105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424   email…jazzamerica at voanews.com

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1289...19-20 NOVEMBER 2011

ORNETTE COLEMAN…una muy bonita (change of the century)

MARY STALLINGS…I’m beginning to see the light (mary stallings sings, cal tjader plays)

* Stanley Jordan Interview

STANLEY JORDAN…walkin’ the dog (friends)

STANLEY JORDAN…samba delight (friends)

GROVER WASHINGTON, JR…black frost (mister magic)

KARRIN ALLYSON…sweet home cookin’ man (sweet home cookin’ man)

* Stanley Jordan Interview

STANLEY JORDAN…capital j (friends)

STAN GETZ & CHARLIE BYRD…one note samba (jazz samba)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1290...19-20 NOVEMBER 2011

COLEMAN HAWKINS…I’ll get by as long as I have to (at ease with coleman hawkins)

RAY CHARLES…my baby don’t dig me (1964)

* Stanley Jordan Interview

STANLEY JORDAN…giant steps (friends)

TOPATHI ETHNOMISSION…rainforest (save the planet)

HERBIE HANCOCK…butterfly (1935)

MANHATTAN TRANSFER…10 minutes til the savages come (the offbeat of avenues)

* Stanley Jordan Interview

STANLEY JORDAN…I kissed a girl (friends)

KENNY BURRELL & JOHN COLTRANE…freight trane (kenny burrell & john coltrane)

ELIANE ELIAS…minha saudade (bossa nova stories)

Next Week…SHOWS #1291-1292...26-27 NOVEMBER 2011

Special Feature…MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD: 20th Anniversary Celebration!

Russ Davis takes you backstage to the Nokia Theater in New York City to talk to the trio

of John Medeski, Billy Martin & Chris Wood who have blended jazz, rock, electronics and

jamband influences for 20 years to create a unique style that has made them a worldwide

success. We’ll hear music from their download-only release “20,” and two new live releases

 “The Stone” and “MSMW: In Case The World Changes Its Mind-Live” with John Scofield.