[JPL] Playlist 'The Hurst Selection - London to America' 11.12.11

brian at soulandjazz.com brian at soulandjazz.com
Mon Nov 14 11:46:50 EST 2011

Good People

Please find listed below, this week's playlist for The Hurst Selection - London to America:

Download Link: http://www.soulandjazz.com/category/previously-on-london-to-america/the-hurst-selection-london-to-america/12th-november-2011/

The show, which originally came to WCLK Atlanta in July 2009, is recorded in the UK and is also now available for programming partnerships via the African American Public Radio Consortium. Loretta Rucker, Exceutive Director, describes the show as:

"This show is a junction where soul, jazz and Afro-Latin music meet, produced out of London by music connoisseur Brian Hurst. It’s a re-imagined cosmopolitan music mix. Some segments feel like a soul/jazz, funk/jazz dance party…. Other segments include lush smooth jazz tunes with 70′s sophisticated classic R&B vocals (think Minnie Ripperton, Isaac Hayes, Barry White, Earth-Wind-Fire). Then there are the segments that mix together a little rhythmic samba and contemporary Afro-Cuban jazz. This is definitely baby-boomer “let you hair down” programming. It’s a step slightly outside the norm, for the jazz enthusiast with a curious mind, an open heart and a love for good music".

Added to the music is the fully interactive nature of the show where Facebook, Twitter, IM and e-mail are all fully utilised/incorporated as the show is broadcast. For further information please contact myself or Loretta, who can be reached at the AAPRC via LERucker at aol.com.

Enjoy!

Kind regards

Brian Hurst
SoulandJazz.com
PO Box 3217
Leek
ST13 9BA
United Kingdom

t: +44 7576 499413  skype: www.soulandjazz.com twitter: @soulandjazz

The Hurst Selection - London to America  11.12.11

Artist - Track - Album - Year

Sets 1 - 3
Alicia Myers - United We Stand - Peace Of Mind - 2011
Ola Onabule - Every Prey - Seven Shades Darker (Promo – Dec. 1) - 2011
Kano - Can’t Hold Back (Massimo Berardi Filtered Re-Work) - Rare Tracks -	2011
Jesse Fischer & Soul Cycle -	95 South feat. Brian Hogans - Homebrew - 2011

Nicholas Payton - Love And Faith - Bitches - 2011
Cedric Le’Mont - The Birthday Song - I Promise - 2011
Fil Straughan - I Don’t Wanna Hear It - Fil The Soul - 2011
Omar Cunningham - Gotta Keep (Do You Know Him?) - Growing Pains - 2011

Chic - Open Up - Real People - 1980
Norma Jean - Saturday - Norma Jean	-	1978
Sheila B. Devotion - Spacer - 12″ Single - 1979
Sister Sledge - Thinking Of You (Dimitri From Paris Remix) - Nile Rodgers presents The Chic Organization: Boxset Vol. 1 / Savoir Faire - 2010
Sets 4 - 6

Alva Nelson - Synonymous Dichotomy - Soul Eyes - 2010
Josh Kyle - Possibilities - Possibilities - 2011
Jfly - In One Ear Out The Other feat. Bob Baldwin - Hypnotic - 2011
Orhan Osman - Anotolian - Turkophony - 2011

Omar - It’s So (Scratch Professor Remix) - Download - 2011
Soulpersona - Play Me Like A Fiddle feat. Princess Freesia - The Lapdancer - 2011
Cheryl Danniels - We Don’t Talk -	Weekend - 2011
Gigi Allen - I Was Wondering - I Need You (2 A.M Music) - 2011

Lou Rawls - Groovy People - All Things In Time - 1976
The O’Jays - 992 Arguments - Backstabbers - 1972
Dexter Wansel - Life On Mars - Life On Mars - 1976
Sets 7 - 9

The Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get - 1971
Eloise Laws - Baby You Lied - Eloise - 1977
René & Angela - I Don’t Know (Where Love Comes From)	- Ralph Tee’s Luxury Soul (Orig’ René & Angela – 1980) - 2011
George Duke - Shine On - Dream On - 1982

Tomson & Benedict - Blind feat. Bantu Soul (Opolopo Remix) - Boogie Down Vol.2 (Promo – Nov. 21) - 2011
Mark de Clive-Lowe - Get Started feat Omar & Sheila E - Renegades - 2011
Josh Milan - Kipepeo feat. T’zelle - Honeycomb Music Vol.1 - 2011

Diz Crown - Soul Café - Basement To The Boulevard - 2011
Alicia Myers -	I Really Want You - Peace Of Mind - 2011
Nicci Canada - Love - Twenty Twelve - 2011
Kindred The Family Soul - The Sheddington - Love Has No Recession - 2011
Dara Tucker - Partly Cloudy - Soul Said Yes - 2011