[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - November 14, 2011

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Nov 14 19:10:16 EST 2011

Every once in a while, you have to hear the 17-minute My Favorite Things!
Here's this week's Jazz Odyssey playlist. All the best, Jerry
 THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, November 7, 2011, KZYX - Mendocino County
Public Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

*The Headhunters* - “M Trane” from *Platinum* on *Owl**
John Coltrane* - “My Favorite Things” from *My Favorite Things* on Impulse
**

*Wayne Shorter* - “Charcoal Blues” from *Night Dreamer* on *BLUE NOTE**
Red Garland Trio* - “Prelude Blues” from *At the Prelude* on *Universal
Music Group International**
Phil Norman Tentet* - “Billie'S Bounce” from *Encore* on *MAMA*

*Axel's Axiom* - “Second Guess” from *Uncommon Sense* on *Armored Records**
Miles Davis* - “Black Satin” from *On the Corner* on *columbia**
John Abercrombie* - “Ralph's Piano Waltz” from *Timeless* on *ecm*

*Mark Levine & the Latin Tinge* - “Hindsight” from *Isla* on *Left Coast
Clave Records**
Michael Pedicin* - “Few Moments” from *Ballads . . . Searching for Peace*on
*The Jazz Hut**
David Newman* - “AND I LOVE HER” from *Bigger & Better* on *Rhino Atlantic*

*Peter Apfelbaum & The New York Hieroglyphics* - “Rainbow Sign” from *It Is
Written* on *ACT Music**
Francisco Mela & Cuban Safari -* “Yadan Mela” from *Tree Of Life* on *Half
Note Records**
Christian McBride Big Band* - “The Shade of the Cedar Tree” from *The Good
Feeling* on *Mack Avenue Records*

---
Jerry Karp,
Village Books