[JPL] Promotion people, a rant

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Thu Nov 17 01:30:20 EST 2011

I know none of us want to see unscrupulous or unprofessional people work projects, especially for individual artists for whom the fee is a significant investment.

But I would ask that names not be named on this list, just to avoid the blow-ups or liabilities that would occur.

However, I am occasionally asked to make recommendations or suggest promoters to musicians from time to time. I almost never give a single name but several. But if there is a problem with certain people, I'd prefer not to make a recommendation. I don't want to see those complaints on the list or in writing, but I'd be happy to take a phone call on the issue with the utmost confidentiality at 585-210-0599.

Thanks.