[JPL] Playlist 'The Hurst Selection - London to America' 11.19.11

brian at soulandjazz.com brian at soulandjazz.com
Mon Nov 21 12:32:22 EST 2011

Good People

Please find listed below, this week's playlist for the final 'The Hurst Selection - London to America':

Download Link: http://www.soulandjazz.com/category/previously-on-london-to-america/the-hurst-selection-london-to-america/19th-november-2011/

I had mixed emotions back in Julywhen the'The Hurst Selection – London to America' ended its' two-year association with WCLK in Atlanta. The show remained en route tosyndication via the AAPRC/NPR with the possibilities of a continued presence onUS radio retaining its appeal. I think it soon became obvious that the showitself was proving not to be an easy ’sell’. Soul and Jazz flavours served uptogether as a radio show? How could that ever work? Some programmers it would seem, are nervous ofwhat they don’t know, least of all what they don’t understand. Corporationswant to be seen to be in control, so independent programming with knowledge,passion and a desire to change is unwelcome and deemed threatening. I resignedthe show last week as I now know that until suchprogramming is embraced, the moribund state of radio will continue at pace. Anote to the industry. If you ignore or treat your audience with contempt thenyou don’t deserve their attention in the first place. There are no mixedemotions anymore. ‘London to America’ finished on Saturday and from next week theshow will once again become known simply as 'The HurstSelection' – a show that over the next few weeks will developinto the first live programme on SoulandJazz.FM.Funnily enough, I always knew it would be that way, and with nearly 9,000 Facebook fans & friends supporting SoulandJazz.com's work currently, along with nearly 20,000 unique visitors & users of the website in 2011, I have no doubt in my mind that's it's not me who's missing the trick.

Sincerely,

Brian Hurst
SoulandJazz.com
PO Box 3217
Leek
ST13 9BA
United Kingdom

t: +44 7576 499413  skype: www.soulandjazz.com twitter: @soulandjazz

The Hurst Selection - London to America  11.19.11

Artist - Track - Album - Year

Sets 1 - 3
Soil & Pimp Sessions - Movin’ feat. Maia Hirasawa - Magnetic Soil - 2011
Sunlightsquare - Skyscrapers - Britannia Shing-A-Ling - 2011
Skyla J & The Vibes - Just Haven’t Gotten There Yet - Introducing Skyla J & The Vibes - 2011
Alicia Myers - Higher - Peace Of Mind - 2011
Jesse Fischer & Soul Cycle - K.C. Bounce feat. Sean Jones - Homebrew - 2011

Keith Campbell - Dawn Light (Opolopo Remix) - Mutants (Promo – Dec. 5) - 2011
Cheryl Danniels - We Don’t Talk - Weekend - 2011
Nicci Canada - Love - Twenty Twelve - 2011
Milan Ring - Pay Day - Free Download - 2011

The Jacksons - Even Though You’re Gone - Goin’ Places - 1977
The Stylistics - Hurry Up This Way Again - Hurry Up This Way Again - 1980
Phyllis Hyman - When You Get Right Down To It - Prime Of My Life - 1991
Janet Jackson - That’s The Way Love Goes - Janet	1993
Sets 4 - 6

Jfly - The Wind (feat. Clarence ‘T Lee’ Hill, Ryan Whitehead & Shamora) - Hypnotic - 2011
Barrio Jazz Gang - Sunday Show feat. Eddie Henderson (Barrio Jazz Gang Remix) - The Complete Remixes - 2011
Leonardo Cesari Jazz Combo - Bossa Trainer - Chasing The Beat - 2011

Minus 8 - Let It Go (Barrio Jazz Gang Remix) - The Complete Remixes - 2011
Electric Empire - Baby Your Lovin’ (Smoove & Turrell Remix) - Download - 2011
Down To The Bone - Watch Me Fly feat. Imaani (Earth Sold Remix) - Download - 2011
Jesse Fischer & Soul Cycle - Nuyorican Vibes - Homebrew - 2011

Loose Ends - (Emergency) Dial 999 - A Little Spice - 1982
Loose Ends - Hangin’ On A String (Contemplating) - So Where Are You? - 1985
Loose Ends - Cheap Talk - Look How Long - 1990
Loose Ends - A Little Spice - A Little Spice - 1982
Sets 7 - 9

Cameo - The Sound Table - Knights Of The Sound Table - 1981
Deodato - Whistle Bump - Original 12″ Mix - 1978
Alphonse Mouzon - By All Means - By All Means - 1981

Josh Kyle - Roll On - Possibilities - 2011
Michon Young - Always Remember - Possessing The Promise - 2011
Lalah Hathaway - Small Of My Back - Where It All Begins - 2011
Rahsaan Patterson - 6 a.m. (Steve ‘Silk’ Hurley Old Skool 330 Mix) - Download - 2011

Shuya Okino - Still In Love feat. Navasha Daya - Destiny - 2011
Jen Kearney - Oxen Free - To The Moon - 2011
Soil & Pimp Sessions - Freedom Time - Magnetic Soil - 2011