[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise Nov. 27, 2011

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:22:54 EST 2011

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Nov. 27, 2011
2:00-6:00 pm.

Remembering Paul Motian (1931-2011)

1) Bill Evans Trio w/Paul Motian-Solar (At The Village Vanguard)
2) Bill Evans Trio w/Paul Motian-Israel (Explorations)
3) Bill Evans Trio w/Paul Motian-What Is This Thing Called Love (Complete Riverside Recordings)

4) Keith Jarrett w/Paul Motian-Gypsy Moth (El Juicio)
5) Keith Jarrett w/Paul Motian-Bop-Be (Bop-Be)

6) Paul Motian-You Took The Words Right Out of My Heart (Village Vanguard, 1995)
7) Paul Motian-My Heart Belongs To Daddy (On Broadway Vol. 1)
8) Paul Motian-Nice Work If You Can Get It (On Broadway Vol. 2)
9) Paul Motian-Just One of Those Things (On Broadway Vol. 3)
10) Paul Motian w/Rebecca Martin-Everything Happens To Me (On Broadway Vol. 4)

11) Mose Allison w/Paul Motian-That's The Stuff You Gotta Watch (The Best of Mose Allison)
12) Lee Konitz w/Paul Motian-Palo Alto (Live at the Half Note)
13) Martial Solal w/Paul Motian-Suite Pour une Frise (Live at Newport '63)
14) Martial Solal w/Paul Motian-Just Friends (Just Friends)

15) Paul Motian/Geri Allen/Charlie Haden-Invisible (In The Year of the Dragon)
16) Paul Motian-Walkin' Up (Bill Evans)
17) Paul Motian-Pithecanthropus Erectus (Garen of Eden)
18) Paul Motian Electric Bebop Band-Hot House (Paul Motian Electric Bebop Band)

19) George Russell Smalltet w/Paul Motian-Concerto for Billy The Kid (Jazz Workshop)
20) Bill Frisell w/Paul Motian-Resister (Rambler)

21) Paul Motian-Circle Dance (One Time Out)
22) Paul Motian-Kathelin Gray (In Tokyo)

23) Enrico Rava w/Paul Motian-Cornettology (Tati)
24) Paul Motian-Cambodia (Time and Time Again)
25) Anders Christensen w/Paul Motian-Dear Someone (Dear Someone)
26) Bill McHenry w/Paul Motian-African Song (Roses)

27) Paul Motian-Osmosis Pt. 1 (I Have The Room Above Her)
28) Marilyn Crispell w/Paul Motian-Flight of the Bluejay (Storyteller)
29) Joe Lovano w/Paul Motian-Joyous Encounter (Joyous Encounter)

30) Paul Motian-Morrock (On Broadway Vol. 5)
31) Masabumi Kikuchi w/Paul Motian-You're My Everything (Tethered Moon)
32) Charlie Haden/Carla Bley w/Paul Motian-If You Want To Write Me (Ballad of the Fallen)

33) Paul Motian-Endgame (Trioism)
34) Paul Motian-If You Could See Me Now (Village Vanguard Vol. 1)
35) Paul Motian-Till We Meet Again (Village Vanguard Vol. 2)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com