[JPL] Promotion people 'n other stuff

Eric at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Wed Nov 30 04:44:46 EST 2011

I like to thank all, for the comments with regards to this thread very
interesting reading. As a long standing member of the list I also appreciate
the info posted on the list. It takes me a while to go through all the mails
but find the comments and playlists most interesting. I'd also like to thank
all the radio promoters who have included me on their distribution lists. I
think the independent jazz labels are doing a great and very brave job of
recording and promoting the various forms of jazz, long may they continue.

Here in South Africa we have a small but active independent movement with
most SA jazz releases being done but the musicians themselves of a few
artist owned labels, of with there are not too many.

I am extremely grateful to receive the albums that arrive in my post-box
each week and see that jazz around the world still has a strong presence
through the independent distribution movement.

Jazz lives through a strong social movement world wide.

There is a strong jazz influence in music in South Africa with successful
jazz programmes in most tertiary education faculties around the country. At
grass roots level the growth of jazz music programmes in many of the schools
of the country at various levels. There are a number of "Jazz" Festivals in
the country and in bordering countries, but the two big events take place in
Cape Town next year are firstly;

The 11th SAJE (South African Association for Jazz Education) Jazz Conference
takes place at the South African College of Music at UCT from Sunday 25
March to Tuesday 27 March 2012. Then the13th Cape Town International Jazz
Festival which will take place from 30-31 March at the Cape Town
International Convention Centre (CTICC).

I think I've nattered enough for now, should members of the list wish for
more info on the above, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again for such a wonderful forum

Warmest regards,
Have a fabulous day.
Peace, safety and happiness,
See it Š with your own ears
Yours in Music

Eric Alan

RADIO 2000
Broadcasting on 97.2 to 100FM nationwide, around South Africa.
Streaming live at:  Mac users go to
http://radiotime.com/station/s_68093/Radio_2000_997.aspx For Windows users
go to  www.radio2000.co.za

Sunday Nights are a mix of Mainstream, Straight Ahead, Acoustic, Vocal,
Contemporary, Smooth, Fusion funk a little bit of Blues too from 21h00 to
24h00 SA Time. No fear or favour in the playlist, just jazz right across the
spectrum.

Face Book: Eric Alan (Jazz Rendezvous - Polarbearic)

Presenter / Producer:
Jazz Rendezvous, where jazz lovers of South Africa and the World meet to
share and listen to a mix of jazz that crosses all genre types and
boundaries of the jazz lexicon from all corners of the global village

Jazz Columnist and music reviewer:
Roots Africa Magazine: Jazz Rendezvous where jazz lovers of Africa and the
World meet to read
Editor / Owner:
Jazz Rendezvous Website, where jazz lovers of South Africa and the world
meet to share
Broadcaster, Jazz, Music & Cultural Consultant & activist, Contributor and
CD Reviewer to various publications around Cape Town

Member of:
International Jazz Programmers List (International organisation of jazz
radio station music programmers and presenters), SAJE (South African Jazz
Educators Association), JEN (Jazz Education Network), CapeMic (Cape Music
Industry Commission), Foundation Committee of the Western Cape Musicians
Association,  South African Jazz Network (southafricanjazznetwork.ning.com),
Global Jazz Network (theglobaljazznetwork.ning.com), The Jazz Network
(thejazznetwork.ning.com) & The New Zealand Jazz Network
(nzjazznetwork.ning.com)

Founding Member:
FMR (Fine Music Radio - community radio station) SA¹s first Classical and
Jazz Community Radio Station, CTFM (Cape Towns first temporary multi genre
community radio station), Peace Radio (both regional and national run prior
to, during and after SA¹s first democratic elections)

Master of Ceremonies:
Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape Town Jazzathon and
Athlone Academy of Music Festival

Postal Address:
Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape Town, South
Africa

PHONE NUMBERS:
Home/Office: 27 (0)21 683 9845
Mobile: 27 (0)82 456 2195

RADIO 2000 Cape Town Direct Studio Line: 27 (0)21 430 8111
RADIO 2000 Cape Town On-Air Studio Phone Line: 27 (0)21 434 2515 / 23 / 25
RADIO 2000 Broadcast Studio On Air Line: 27 (0)86 - 001 - 2010

Email Addresses:
eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
radio at jazzrendezvous.co.za

Radio 2000 Website:
http://www.radio2000.co.za

Jazz Rendezvous Website:
http://www.jazzrendezvous.co.za
Radio 2000 broadcasting purposefully ahead to 2010 and beyond, featuring the
best of South African and African music on the wireless this in the universe
today.

Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
Listen to the Detour with Eric Alan on the Taxi ay www.thetaxi.co.za
Listen to the Jazz Rendezvous live on the web at www.radio2000.co.za

Radio 2000 frequencies and transmitters anywhere around South Africa, so no
matter where you may be in the country there is a transmitter near you. If
you reside or are visiting outside the boarders of South Africa Radio 2000
streams live on the internet, just visit http://www.radio2000.co.za and
follow the links and listen to Radio 2000 live.

Alexander Bay 98.7FM; Bethlehem 98.4FM; Bloemfontein 99.5FM; Butterworth
97.6FM; Cape Town 98.6FM; Davel 100.0FM; Donnybrook 99.2FM; Durban 97.3FM;
Durban North 99.0FM; East London 98.1FM; Eshowe 99.9FM; Franschoek 97.2FM;
George 98.2FM; Glencoe 99.6FM; Grahamstown 100.0FM; Greytown 98.2FM;
Heidelberg 97.3FM; Hermanus 97.3FM; Hoedspruit 98.5FM; Hout Bay 97.4FM;
Johannesburg 99.7FM; Kimberley 97.5FM; Klerksdorp 97.7FM; Knysna 98.7FM;
Kroonstad 99.9FM; Ladysmith 97.5FM; Louis Trichardt 97.2FM; Menlo Park
98.6FM; Middelburg 98.3FM; Mooi River 98.7FM; Mount Ayliff 99.7FM; Nelspruit
99.0FM; Nongoma 99.4FM; Oudtshoorn 99.1FM; Paarl 98.1FM; Parson's Hill (PE)
97.5FM; Petrus Steyn 98.8FM; Pietermaritzburg 97.9FM; Piketberg 97.6FM; Port
Elizabeth 98.8FM; Port St.Johns 100.2FM; Potgietersrus 97.9FM; Pretoria
97.5FM; Queenstown 98.7FM; Rustenburg 97.2FM; Schweizer Reneke 99.6FM;