[JPL] This week on The Jazz Session: Michael Pedicin & Pete Robbins!

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Thu Jan 5 09:31:14 EST 2012

You can see a snazzy PDF version of this newsletter at:
http://bit.ly/zjfNUw

...or read the text below:

Jan. 5, 2012

Hello friends!

Happy New Year! Thanks for making 2011 a successful year for The Jazz
Session. I'm excited to see what 2012 will bring.

JazzTimes Talk: I'm speaking at 11:30 this morning (1/5) at the
JazzTimes DIY Crash Course at the Hilton Hotel on 6th and 53rd in NYC.
There are great speakers and panels all day and it's free. Come on by!

New Poetry Series In Brooklyn: I'm running a poetry series (open mic +
featured poet) on the fourth Thursday of every month at the Green Fig
Cafe on 36th St between 4th and 5th Ave in Brooklyn. It starts at 7. No
fee but we'll pass the hat to pay the featured poet. Bring a poem and
come on by! First one is January 26th.

Sweet Violence: One of the most moving and important exhibits I've seen
at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC is called Sweet Violence. It collects
work by feminist activist Sanja Ivekovic. Do not miss it. Runs through
March.

My Book: I just received another shipment of Unexpected Sunlight, so if
you've wanted to order one, now's the time. You can get your copy here:
http://jasoncrane.org/store

Special Membership Offer: The Jazz Session is member-supported, so if
you like what you hear, please join. The next two people who join at the
middle or top level (yearly or monthly) will receive guitarist Anthony
Wilson's new DVD/CD set Seasons. This set captures a unique live
performance by Wilson along with Steve Cardenas, Julian Lage and Chico
Pinheiro, performing on a quartet of custom guitars built by John
Monteleone. http://thejazzsession.com/join

Peace, love and jazz,

Jason

*********************************
THIS WEEK ON THE JAZZ SESSION
*********************************

TJS #334: Michael Pedicin. Saxophonist Michael Pedicin’s new album is
Ballads ...searching for peace (Jazz Hut, 2011). In this interview,
Pedicin talks about this influence of his father on his career; why he
feels he had to work his way up to a ballads album; and how he came to
terms with his place in the worlds of both jazz and medicine. LISTEN:
http://bit.ly/rGUng2

TJS #335: Pete Robbins. Saxophonist Pete Robbins’ new CD is Live In
Basel (Hate Laugh Music, 2011) with his Transatlantic Quartet. In this
interview, Robbins talks about the benefits of a working band; why his
last three recordings have been live albums; and why his next project
will find him traveling down yet another new musical road.  LISTEN:
http://bit.ly/wqfYo5

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jasondcrane

RSS Feed: http://thejazzsession.com/feed/?category_name=podcast

iTunes: itpc://thejazzsession.com/?feed=rss2&category_name=podcast