[JPL] further signs of cultural illiteracy

Ron Gordon ron51745 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 10:17:30 EST 2012

It stands to reason, Tom, that if the media, of which, sadly, I am a part
does not acknowledge the historical significance of the contributions of
these artists then of course the populace will become dumbed down. That is
usually what happens very quietly and very nuanced, almost unnoticed, in
the earliest stages of a society's move towards: fascism.

Ron Gordon
ABC News [New York]

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Dr. Jazz <drjazz at drjazz.com> wrote:

> THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 -- crowdfunding
> project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/**jazzweek<http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek>for more information. Become part of the solution.
>
> ---
>
> What were the questions??
> -Dr.
>

> On 1/5/2012 10:02 AM, Tom Reney wrote:
>
>> THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 --
>> crowdfunding project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/**
>> jazzweek <http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek> for more information.
>> Become part of the solution.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Sun Ra and Artie Shaw were the answers (in the form of questions) on
>> Jeopardy this week.  None of the contestants even pushed their buttons.
>>  And as I noted in a blog entry last week, not a single jazz musician was
>> shown in the audience at the Kennedy Center Honors telecast last week,
>> besides Sonny Rollins and the hired hands on stage that is.
>>
>> If you think your audience is made up of fellow travelers, think again.
>>
>> TR
>>

> --
> Dr. Jazz
> Dr. Jazz Operations