[JPL] Sun Ra Category on Jeopardy

Eric Jackson eric_jackson1 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 6 01:43:53 EST 2012

I probably saw Ra about 25 times or more. I grew up near Philly and he
often appeared at Black cultural events in the 60s and 70s. I saw
Pharoah Sanders appear as the special guest with his band. I saw him in
NY a few times. Once at Slugs. I also saw him in Boston a few times and
I even hosted at least one concert of his. I interviewed him at a
conference in Hartford. I have lots of LPs  by him that I've never seen
on CD. At one point he had a drummer from Mexico. My roommate brought
him to my apartment. He said that some of my LP covers were hand colored
by Sun Ra.

Eric Jackson
WGBH Boston
Mon -Thurs 8 PM - Mid