[JPL] Sun Ra Category on Jeopardy

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Fri Jan 6 06:22:40 EST 2012

Come to think of it, the first time I saw Sun Ra was in Brooklyn at a
Bed-Stuy cultural center.  It was during the first Newport-in-New York
Festival in 1973, but I don't recall if it was sponsored by Geo Wein.  I
remember those painted covers, plain white with colorful overlays.  I
knew collectors who had dozens of them.  I think Terry Adams had them
all.  Someone described his band NRBQ as a cross between Chuck Berry and
Sun Ra.
Tom

Tom Reney

Jazz à la Mode