[JPL] Reney blog: Worcester's Jazz History Database - history of Sir Morgan's Cove

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Fri Jan 6 11:20:22 EST 2012

That was the corner of Pleasant and West.  I knew that bar too.  How
about Shabazz sandwich shop at Chandler and Piedmont?  That was one of
Malcolm X's widow Betty Shabazz's enterprises.  What a scene that was
after hours.  I forget the name of the man who ran it, but he would
occasionally lock the door and come to see Max and some of the other
greats we brought to town.

I was at one of those Benson-Klugh shows.  Earl was playing a nylon
string, "classical" guitar.  Needless to say , the music was very
different from the Benson-Cuber-Smith organ combos.

Tom

--
Tom Reney

"Jazz à la Mode"