[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 09:30:17 EST 2012

*Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, heard by a potental audience of 134 million listeners each weekend on the entertainment service MusicMix, and on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
*Listen to the latest Jazz America program anytime on the MOJA Radio website at www.mojaradio.com
*Hear Jazz America live online in the Eastern time zone on Saturday from Midnight-2 AM (That's 10 PM-Midnight, Friday night, Pacific time) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM Pacific). Listen at http://www.VOAMusicMix.Net.
*To get more info on Jazz America go to the Jazz America web site:
http://www1.voanews.com/english/programs/radio/64963177.html
*Listen on Shortwave:  1300 GMT/UTC Saturdays and Sundays
Africa - 4.95 6.08 13.57 15.58 17.895 mhz
Middle East and Europe - 12.005 15.53 mhz
Asia and Pacific - 7.43 7.575 9.7 12.15 mhz
Jazz America with Russ Davis

105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

email…jazzamerica at voanews.com

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1305…14-15 JANUARY 2012

CHICO HAMILTON.…dilemma (revelation)

CHET BAKER…if not for me  (if not for me-1982)

* Lee Ritenour Interview

LEE RITENOUR…boss city (live in L.A.)

CHARLIES MINGUS…boogie stop shuffle (1959)

BOBBY HUTCHERSON…rubber man (farewell keystone)

KEVYN LETTAU…you said (brazil jazz)

* George Duke Interview

GEORGE DUKE…hot fire (reach for it)

DEXTER GORDON…fried bananas (live at the both/and club san francisco, 1970)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1306...14-15 JANUARY 2012

MILES DAVIS & GERRY MULLIGAN…jeru (the birth of the cool)

CAROL WELSMAN…fever (I like men)

* Lee Ritenour Interview

LEE RITENOUR…captain fingers (captain fingers)

JAMES MOODY…flute and the blues (flute and the blues)

DAVE BRUBECK…take five (time out)

THE JAZZ CRUSADERS…freedom sound (freedom sound)

* George Duke Interview

GEORGE DUKE…in a mellow tone (in a mellow tone)

ART PEPPER…zenobia (the artistry of pepper)

Next Week…SHOWS #1307-1308...21-22 JANUARY 2012

Special Feature…CHICK COREA & EDDIE GOMEZ REMEMBER BILL EVANS!

Join Russ Davis as he takes you backstage at the New York City jazz club The Blue Note

to talk to Chick Corea and Eddie Gomez who, joined by the late drummer Paul Motian,

celebrated the musical legacy of Bill Evans at the club for two weeks in 2011. We’ll also

feature cuts from the new release recorded during that time titled “Further Explorations.”