[JPL] WUSF, 2011 Favorites -- (re-send)

Seymour, Bob BSeymour at wusf.org
Tue Jan 10 14:36:13 EST 2012

Trying this again...

Here's the playlist from last Saturday's annual program on WUSF looking back at some of the most-played releases of the past year, in a 3-hour sampling...
(We find a lot more consistency in our sound these days, and with a few more jazz hours per week than before, these records probably averaged more than 100 spins through the year.)

--

Larry Coryell & Kenny Drew, Jr.                  Nostalgia in Times Square                            Duality
Rene Marie                                                        Strange Meadow Lark                                    Voice of My Beautiful Country

Gary Burton Quartet                                      Late Night Sunrise                                           Common Ground
Benny Green Trio                                            Opus de Funk                                                    Source
Terell Stafford                                                   U.M.M.G.                                                           This Side of Strayhorn

Chuck Redd                                                        The Common Thread                                     The Common Thread
Kurt Elling                                                            Steppin' Out                                                      The Gate
Randy Brecker                                                   Goldfinger                                                          Jazz Ballad Song Book

Corea/Clarke/White                                       Renaissance                                                       Forever
Giacomo Gates                                                 Show Business                                                  The Revolution Will Be Jazz
Larry Vuckovich                                                Somethin' Special                                            Somethin' Special

Jack Wilkins                                                        Song of the Anvil                                              The Blue & Green Project
UCF Jazz Professors                                        You And the Night And the Music             Live at the Orlando Jazz Festival

Warren Wolf                                                      427 Mass. Ave.                                                  Warren Wolf
Eliane Elias                                                          Aquele Abraco                                                  Light My Fire
Bob Sheppard                                                   Close Your Eyes                                                Close Your Eyes

Brian Lynch                                                         Saturday Afternoon at 4                               Unsung Heroes
Roseanna Vitro                                                 Last Night I Had a Dream                               Music of Randy Newman
Lynne Arriale                                                     Sister Moon                                                       Convergence

Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet             La Escuela                                                            To Hear From There
Mark Weinstein                                                Nefertiti                                                               Jazz Brasil
Deep Blue Organ Trio                                     Tell Me Something Good                              Wonderful!

Eric Alexander                                                   She's Out of My Life                                       Don't Follow The Crowd
Cassandra Wilson                                             40 Days And 40 Nights                                    Silver Pony
Eric Reed Trio                                                     The Dancing Monk                                          The Dancing Monk

Happy New Year,

Bob Seymour
Jazz Director
WUSF Public Broadcasting  -- Tampa