[JPL] Christian Scott

dongordon at hawaii.rr.com dongordon at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jan 10 22:57:49 EST 2012

Jae.....

   Bingo!....

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Jae Sinnett
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:38 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: [JPL] Christian Scott

THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 -- crowdfunding
project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek for more
information. Become part of the solution.

---

In a recent interview is Christian Scott...not the first time I've heard
this from him... talking about how he doesn't consider himself playing jazz.
Dissing it in my view...like it's the bastard child and he wants little
connection with the word. Hmmmm...then why does his company service "jazz"
radio his product? After all he's getting great airplay on non jazz formats
isn't he? Insert sarcasm here. Isn't that kind of biting the proverbial hand
that's feeding him? Why not send his releases to Clear Channel
stations...since in his coconut he's not playing jazz... and see what kind
of play he'll get there? Doesn't matter if he likes it or not jazz radio
helped to put him on the map...albeit a small one. Many of these musicians
stating they're not playing jazz...I bet love it when jazz radio is playing
their music.

Jae Sinnett
WHRV FM