[JPL] Christian Scott & playing jazz

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Jan 11 11:07:09 EST 2012

Jae wrote <<< In a recent interview is Christian Scott...not the first time I've heard this from him... talking about how he doesn't consider himself playing jazz. Dissing it in my view...like it's the bastard child (snip) >>>

He is not the first "jazzer" to say that, many musicians going back to the 1920s and since, have preferred not to be pigeon-holed as a jazz musician or playing jazz. it's no big whoop!

Arturo Gómez
Music Director
The Oasis In The City, The Front Range and the High Country!
jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station