[JPL] Christian Scott & playing jazz

jturton at comcast.net jturton at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 11:33:23 EST 2012

The quote came from an article in the current Jazz Times about the current Harlem Renaissance happening with a number of younger Jazz musicians and hip hop artists. if I remember correctly there was some discussion about continuing the traditions and acknowledging them but I think the context for the statement is what Arturo mentions. There is a desire to not be put in the box of only being considered a Jazz musician since most of these guys have grown up with something musics other than Jazz. Check out the Jazz Times article, I thought it made some very good points.

Jeff

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference