[JPL] Christian Scott & playing jazz

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 14:33:27 EST 2012

I don't quite understand the response. If I, as a customer, fan, or
programmer, am looking for interesting music, and my focus is jazz (such that I
include "jazz" among my search terms), are you suggesting that Christian
Scott  would not want to be included because there are already other trumpeters
in the  jazz category?

I know that categorization is unfortunate. If I am not misquoting an
unfavorite of mine, Kenny G, I believe he doesn't consider himself a jazz
musician, either, but he recognizes and accepts the fact that record labels and
record stores (remember them) and Internet merchants do need to put him in
some  slot. And, why not jazz?

(I understand that as Kenneth Gorelick, he was a good jazz  player and
improviser before he went off on his pop tangent).

Ed

In a message dated 1/11/2012 2:25:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,