[JPL] Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #70 - "Best of 2011 #2"

Jazzevangelist scott at soulandjazz.com
Wed Jan 11 14:57:48 EST 2012

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz - Episode 70: ‘Best of 2011 Part 2′
Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate, "The Jazz Evangelist"

Welcome to 2012 and a whole new year full of SoulandJazz.com where we shall continue to be stereo, but never stereotypical. This is the 70th episode of this show, and I’m just getting started!

This week I am continuing with the ‘Best of 2011′ according to you, the listener – or at least, those that took the time to write to Scott at SoulandJazz.com, or post their comments & suggestions on my Facebook or Twitter page.

And here is the result, available to download & listen free & legal:  http://t.co/1MSS1np3

They have selected several artists that did some stellar work this past year, such as Terri Lyne Carrington, Kurt Elling, Tom Harrell, Jacob Deaton, Sean Jones, Joe Gransden & His Big Band, Mace Hibbard, Ninety Miles (Stefon Harris, David Sanchez & Christian Scott), James Farm (Joshua Redman, Aaron Parks, Matt Penman & Eric Harland), Ambrose Akinmusire and Christian McBride with Regina Carter. 11 songs from a year that was musically strong . . . despite anything else that may have happened.

If your favorite jazz artist, song or CD from 2011 has not yet been represented in either of these “Best Of” shows – then send them to Scott at SoulandJazz.com and I’ll include your picks next week! You can also find me via Facebook or Twitter . . . just look for the Jazz Evangelist.

Agape ya’ll,
J. Scott Fugate, ‘The Jazz Evangelist’

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz #70: ‘Best of 2011 Part 2′

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Terri Lyne Carrington - Unconditional Love - Mosaic Project - 2011
Kurt Elling - Samurai Cowboy - The Gate - 2011
Tom Harrell - Ridin’ - The Time of the Sun - 2011
Jacob Deaton - Sharp Edges - Tribulation - 2011
Sean Jones - Look and See - No Need For Words - 2011
Joe Gransden & His Big Band - Hittin The Jug - It’s A Beautiful Thing - 2011
Mace Hibbard - La Danza Olvidada - Time Gone By - 2011
Stefon Harris / David Sanchez / Christian Scott	 - Brown Belle Blues - Ninety Miles - 2011
James Farm - Polliwog - James Farm - 2011
Ambrose Akinmusire - What’s New - When The Heart Emerges Glistening - 2011
Christian McBride (feat. Regina Carter) - Fat Bach & Greens - Conversations with Christian - 2011

For more information on who we are and what we do:
http://www.soulandjazz.com/about/

Product may be submitted for airplay consideration to:
J. Scott Fugate
Soulandjazz.com / Jazz Evangelist Promotions
309 Oakland Drive
Gainesville, GA
30501