[JPL] Re: jazz/not jazz, etc.

Louis Erlanger louisx at myfairpoint.net
Thu Jan 12 15:42:03 EST 2012

I agree with Mark. There's no race card being played here. It's a FACT that
jazz was born from African-American culture.   Nobody owns it now, and many
great jazz players, black, white, Latino, etc. have said that you can't own
sound and rhythm. It's a tribute to the music that so many cultures embraced
it.  So let's not shortchange the inventors.