[JPL] My take on BAM

Eric Gruner eric at jazz901.org
Fri Jan 13 10:55:05 EST 2012

Well said Arturo....  I wonder why the need (particularly now in the
21st century) to classify something based on color... why not just
"American Music" or is that too vague?

A few years ago, when a salesman tried to expound the "sexy" features
of a piano, I thought  "what will the next shock value marketing angle
be when sex becomes too blase for Madison Avenue? "  I fear that it is
"conflict"... whether it be race, gender, political preference or
anything that can set two distinct entities at odds.  No one wins when
that happens... unfortunately some are more interested in setting off
a firestorm of controversy in the hopes of reaping financial or
political rewards.  Personally... it insults my intelligence.

Eric Gruner
2 hours of Jazz Host 9am - 11am
JAZZ 90.1
www.jazz901.org